Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:50 PM   #1

I bought my S9500 just recently and i'm very pleased with it..i have always used Fuji and i'm still doing it without regrets

I have a small problem with this cam, i'm really not used to these sort of camera's because of the dozens of functions and such, so the thing is:

I'm having trouble with good focusing, the colours are just great, but the pic itself tends to give a blurry result, i will post an example pic right away:

I took this pic of a pony, i used the AUTO function on macro with a tiniybit of zoom, i was quite close to the animal, about 60 cm so the macro should be no problem, i'm having this same problem in other pics as well.

This is not to say that i think the s9000 is a bad cam it must be my very own fault because i saw othertremendous pics of it buteven my very simpleprevious cam ( the Fuji A204 )took sharper pics so i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong.. i hope you guys can help me out

( here is the example pic, as you can see its not that sharp )

P.S: I did NOT have any hand moving warnings or AF faults in any of the pictures
and i used AUTO so everything else should be alright

cypher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2

Have you tried printing the picture? The image looks soft but not out of focus. The problem we all have with this camera is we like the images from are old cameras. I have to other Fuji cameras fine pix 2800z and the E550. I did not like the images coming out of the E550 on auto, but when i started to print them I was really happy.

It is hard for auto focus systems to lock on to fur, tree needles, shiny surfaces. I am still trying to find the settings that I'm happy with. I have had the S9000 since 10/30/05. Keep playing with this camera and you to will enjoy the pictures and this camera.

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:36 AM   #3

so... eventually it will give better result?

I should practise more.. that's what it is right?

I would be dissapointed if the pic would stay like this... because i like theother functions onthe camvery much
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:59 AM   #4

Actually, the picture looks to be in focus. It's just that the light side of the pony is so extremely overexposed that all of the highlights are blown. This is one image that I would probably have underexposed and then done some postprocessing to balance out the levels.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:05 AM   #5

But i took more pictures of the similair pony and it just doesn't look sharp
this happens on almost every picture i take... i'm desparate : |

Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:43 AM   #6

Just as an experiment, try changing the resolution to 5 MP and take a picture. Tell me how that looks on your monitor.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:51 AM   #7

Hi...

I had this issue when I got my new S9500 and I was quite disappointed with my first images. But after reading lots of forum comments it turned out that I needed to set the sharpness to high in the camera settings. My images since have been nice and sharp.

Hope this helps...
Bumble_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:55 AM   #8

In doors... the sharpness is good, i most of the time take the shots with a improvised tripod, a can or a pile of cd's

I will take 2 comparison shots tommorow, could it be that al the unsharpness is movement blur?!

( the move blur indicator shows no warning tough )

@Bee: yes mayb i should give it a shot.. but i used various sharpnesses so i don't know if it will help
Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:11 AM   #9

Hi,

I recently bought this camera also. Still stuggling with the functions. I seem to be able to get great sharpness inside when taking photos but at large zooms (ie sunsets and scenery) it seems poor.

Can anyone suggest anything? Could it be the sharpness settings?

Thanks,

Andrew
write2slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:00 AM   #10

Hi guys - I too had problems like u all mention with focus

On page 68 of the S9500 manual read over about the AF MODE - try the different settings - You will hopefully find things better.

Have a look at my post in this froum called Monneypennys Lock

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=83154&forum_id=16

The only pp that was down was levels,shadows/highlights,usm and resize

Hope this is of help!!!!

Joe90
joe90bentley is offline   Reply With Quote