Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:27 PM   #1

If you happen to preview the image on your camera, you'll notice that previewing RAW images will take instantly than JPEG files despite the size.

Any explaination for this?
hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:55 PM   #2

Raw images contain a small JPEG preview. I suspect the camera is programmed to show that JPEG preview rather than display the raw image.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:06 PM   #3

Hazzary,

Preview jpeg/raw are the same to me on my Corsair card, as long as it doesn't take five minutes, I'll dump it in the trash can.:-)

I'm curious,are Fuji cameras popular in Brunei/Malaysia? What else do you see people use? I am sure some photographers still use film in South East Asia, is Konica film the most popular there?

Here in the county/citywhere I live, NiKon is the most popular brand, they are hardcore Nikon photographers, I rarely see Canon or others. However, Fuji cameras start to pop up everywhere right in the middle of Nikon territory,especially this year.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:00 AM   #4

Here in Brunei most photographers own dSLR. Most popular ones, cameras ranging from Canon andNikon. Film cameras are rare nowadays and in fact all the image developing stations are in digital.
hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote