Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:57 AM   #1

Default Pros and cons of S602 from owners

I am close to buying my first (and last) digital camera. I have read many reviews but now I want to hear from those who own this camera...give me the low down!!! Let me hear it all, positive and negative.
Thanks
PTguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:34 AM   #2

Have a look round here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7960

No need to re-invent threads, try a bit of searching here as well!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2003, 6:40 PM   #3

Im my opinion, $/results, it is pretty darn good. There is room for improvement (always is, how else would they sell new models?). I sugest, if you buy one, also get the adapter tube and put a filter on it. The lens mechanism is the weakest point, especially WHEN you drop it! :roll:
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:49 AM   #4

Quote:
especially WHEN you drop it!
Does it need an accelerometer to retract the zoom as it falls out of your hand, and before it hits the ground!

I've got the tube, but not the case yet that takes the cam+tube+WCON adapter.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 5:54 PM   #5

OK vox... I can laugh about it know, though I don't have it back yet. I think I need a camera case large enough to contain a BIG pillow strapped to the camera!

Anyway, I have the tube ordered so I can install when I get the camera back. Any suggestions as to which filter I should put on the end of it? I have had and continue to have a UV filter on my SLR. ops:
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2003, 5:52 AM   #6

Perhaps they need the airbag and squib fire system, as well as the accelerometer! From another post I discovered a Tamrac Zoom 14/16 case will suit. They sell in UK as well.

Hope you get your cam back soon. I hear it can take some weeks, but let us know how you got on and cost, since it is a vulnerable part of this camera - and we can all have accidents. Filter wise I am still running 'bare' but will now rethink. Because the Fuji WCON adapter lens has no filter ring, I'd need a UV or clear filter to take the lens as well.