Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:41 AM   #1

I have taken some pics with my new S9500 and I dont know whether they are coming out good or not...u tell me.I am a total noob in photography so any pointers would be appreciated.

Sabeel

SN:-54Q11190
Attached Images

sab2el is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:44 AM   #2

A typical scene before a major Holiday...in this case its EID!
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:46 AM   #3

food...:lol:
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:18 PM   #4

Hi sab2el, have looked at your posted photos with interest, I have downloaded all three photos and looked at the EXIF data. DSCF0173.JPG picture of your animal friend looks focused, DSCF0625.JPG picture of food looks good, actually made me hungry, and DSCF0504.JPG picture of daily life boarding a train has puzzled me! The image looks very over exposed, I notice that you have used anti shake mode to take this picture, I am thinking? Correct me if I am wrong that this was a very hot sunny day and the train was stationary, using this mode would have increased the shutter speed, in you case 1/550sec which should be used for capturing very fast moving objects such as a fast car, train or bike, because of using anti shake mode the ISO would automatically increase, which you do not want because of the amount of ample light that you already have, in your case it was ISO 200. Unfortunately you do not have any say in what the camera chooses because anti shake is really an auto mode for taking pictures of fast moving subjects. Next time you have the opportunity try using (N) Natural Light mode or (L) Landscape. choosing one of these modes would alow the camera to select a faster shutter speed which would reduce the amount of light entering the camera and also select a lower ISO possibly 80 further reducing the light reqirements, also if you prefer using the pre programmed settings, set the colour setting to f-chrome this will make your image much sharper. I hope I have not made this information sound to complex:idea:. Remember that you have purchased a fantastically complex camera, instead of going to sleep at night, stay up and read the manual until you can recite it like the times table:?. Good luck and happy snapping.
Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote