Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 8, 2006, 11:19 PM   #31

have paintshop pro - didn't know you could do that with it?

I use Paintshop pro in preference to photoshop cs2 and I have both.

What I did was this.

click Adjust, Brightness and contrast, Histogram Adjustment.
slide the righthand diamond to where the Histogram starts to rise. Slide the middle diamond to the right to boost the gamma till it looks right.

All you need to do then is sharpen and do any noise removal you want.

You might find this handy.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ighlight=selnz

Sel .........
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:49 AM   #32

Buffy,

Pretty good images. Remember with most non-DSLR cameras you would not have these images. The S9000 is a great camera.

I still suggest that if you Pre-focus, use ISO 800 and Aperture Priority, and a Monopod, you would have a bit less movement blur, better focus of the players, and better images to apply your Paintshop pro with.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:24 PM   #33

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Buffy,

Pretty good images. Remember with most non-DSLR cameras you would not have these images. The S9000 is a great camera.

I still suggest that if you Pre-focus, use ISO 800 and Aperture Priority, and a Monopod, you would have a bit less movement blur, better focus of the players, and better images to apply your Paintshop pro with.

Regards, Nicholas
Buffy

I agree with Nickolas. Set your camera to iso800 and aperture priority. Set the aperture to the minimum at the zoom length you have selected ( If you change the zoom you MUST refocus ). Set the focus to manual, pick a subject at the approx length you are taking the photo and press the manual focus button. You now don't have to wait for the camera to focus and the camera will use the fastest shutterspeed possible. Start taking your shots. A monopod is a great idea.

The thing you must do is practice whenever and wherever you are and try different settings.

When you are shooting things that are important, use the settings you know will work. This is not the time to practice. After a while you will know what will work. :-)

Regards,

Sel ........

SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:53 PM   #34

Thanks. I am practicing all I can. Thankfully I have over an hour at each basketball game so I plenty of chances - yesterday I took 96 shots
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:23 PM   #35

Here's my little contribution to what can be done with postprocessing.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote