Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:23 PM   #1

Default Small case for Fujifilm 3800

I have a Fujifilm 3800, which I can't seem to find a case for. I want a small case, just big enough to hold the camera itself, preferably one which I can attach to my belt when I'm out with the camera. Because of it's odd square shape, no one seems to have a case like this (by the time you get one deep enough (about 3 3/4" from the front of the lens to the back of the viewfinder) the thing's like 6" high and 5" wide or bigger. Fuji has an EXPENSIVE leather case to fit the camera, but aside from the high price ($35) even Fuji has the thing backordered! If anyone knows of a suitable small case for the 3800, please let me know.

TIA

Irving
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2003, 5:47 PM   #2

I've finally found one. It's on clearance($4) at Wal-Mart right now. It's a Targus camera bag (model # DELC22). It has a velcro flap closure, I zippered front compartment, big enough for a set of spare batteries/lense cap and a lense cloth). The camera will fit face(lense) down into the bag (I have the adapter ring attached with a UV hase filter on it). It's a snug fit, but it is the smallest bag I could find that works. It is dark green/black and comes witha shoulder strap. There is also a velcro belt loop on the back.

The newer version of this bag (about $10-15) is just a tad too small.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:09 PM   #3

Could you take a picture of it?
pizzamr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2003, 1:24 PM   #4

I actually bought the smaller version of that case, only to find it's TOO small (the camera is deceptively bulky, I didn't have it with me at the time). When I looked at the one you mention, it didn't look much deeper than the 1st one, so I didn't get it. Didn't think of insertiing the camera lens DOWN. Does the lens cap get pulled off when you remove the camera from the case?

Irv
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 4:22 PM   #5

As far as the lens cap, I use a UV filter on the lens adapter ring and have a cap that clips into it. It stays on pretty well. The Fuji cap that came with the camera may be a different story though, I haven't tried it with that one as it won't clip into the filter I have on it.

BTW, I took the camera out for it's first real workout (Nascar races at Texas Motor Speedway) and the camera and case performed very well.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 8:25 PM   #6

The shape is a pain in the arse to sayu the least. What gets me is that the official case doesn't fit properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the words "Pentax 450 zoom" mean anything to anyone??? Only 40mm less zoom and about 3000 times more portable.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote