Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:09 PM   #41

John,

Yes, I agree with you that there is some beautiful scenery close by to me. This winter has been a rather cold one, with little/no snow on the ground most of the time (at least in the Valley where I live). I have posted a few pictures that I have taken up in the nearby canyons, but I think I have gotten about all the mileage I can from those pictures. So, with no snow in the Valley, I have run out of ideas for more pictures to share. I tried a more extended trip up the canyon, but none of the pictures were worth sharing, at least from a composition point of view. So I'm waiting for Springtime so I can take some short trips to some of my favorite places to photograph. I live in the extreme northern Utah, and I like shooting in southern Utah and northern Arizona. Another favorite spot is the Teton National Park in Wyoming. It's about a three-hour drive from here. So those are the places I am looking forward to visiting this year.

Jim
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:58 PM   #42

Here are a couple of pictures of the little valley where I live. As you can see, I'm not very intuitive with my composition sometimes. But this is a very small marina where my daughter likes to go sculling in the summertime. The reason I'm showing these is because they were taken with my Fuji S9000.
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:59 PM   #43

and.................
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:13 PM   #44

Hi Jim

This is a very pretty place, the photographs look great.

John
John Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 6:39 AM   #45

this is a pic i took several days ago with my s9500, what do you think??

Attached Images

saldali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:14 AM   #46

As more and more great photos with the s9000 are seen and fewer and fewer complaints maybe it's time to put the problem threads to rest!

Tom
Attached Images

tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:52 AM   #47

Hi all
Been watching this thread with interest - at the start I thought something was wrong with my camera!!! Partly operator error and a lot to do with reading posts on the internet about problem S9500/s9000s.

Now I can definatley see I love this camera - just look at my posts "moneypennys Lock" and the other one with the bridge pics.

Dont want to go off topic here - but this was taken Thursday and thought i would show u all it !!!!

Regards

Joe90
joe90bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:30 PM   #48

And the moral of the story is, if you look for problems you will find them, learn to live with the limitations and they will no longer matter.

Every camera is designed with a number of compromises. Nothing is perfect. Whenever I upgraded to a "better" digital camera my initial response has always been dissappointment, the new was never significantly better than the old, that is until I learned how to use it. I own an S7000, it got mixed reviews but took great pictures (I never could figure that out, I thought the pictures were the point). I also own a Pentax *istDL, another camera which gets mixed reviews, and again it takes great pictures.

Enjoy taking pictures and not testing cameras, be photographers, not pixel peepers.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 6:24 PM   #49

I too was initially very disappointed with my s9500 am still struggling but am getting more practice-must admit I found s7000 easier to get good results this is my first attempt at posting a picture here hope you like it

stanmarston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:48 AM   #50

This was done very quickly because the bird only sat shortly in front of our house.

The cam was in N-mode, I forgot to put it in P-mode because I rushed to get the cam and quickly make the pix before the bird would fly away.

As you can see it was very bright, sun on snow with a dark colored bird in the middle, so you would expect underexposure on the bird, but the wasn't! Contrast was not too high! The cam handled it very well! I like this cam a lot :-)

proton is offline   Reply With Quote