Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 22, 2003, 11:12 AM   #1

Default S602Z - remote control or cable release functionality ?

Hi all,
I just bought a (not S2 Pro) camera last week. Just wanna check whether there is remote control or cable release functionality available for the camera. I am thinking to take some night scene photo with the camera but from past experience, I don't think I can have nice photo without the functionality as camera chake will affect the image quality (my hands are very shaked-able ....
Appreciate simple tips and any advice in advance.

regards,
Kem
TAY SOK KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2003, 8:57 PM   #2

No cable release or remote for 602. But you can use the 10 second self timer option on a tripod.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:24 AM   #3

Probably too late to mention this but the 602SE (Special edition) has a manual cable release feature.

Larry
Larry T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 2:51 PM   #4

In UK they call it the 602Pro Zoom, comes with 340Meg Microdrive. Might be hard to justify their price for this package, if you can get away with the self timer and can source a 1 Gb Microdrive ( better option) cheaper.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 12:42 AM   #5

Default possible cable release solution???

If you take a look at the dissection pics in this forum, the shutter release button looks like it just sits over the actual release switch. Would it be possible to thread that button so when you insert a standard release cable the plunger would trigger the switch under the button? Or am I just babbling?

Also, has anybody tried rigging a standard cable to something like an elastic strap that fits over the hand grip and would position the cable over the shutter release button?

I guess I am obsessing over this because I want to do timed exposures also and don't want to rely on the timer.
veja74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 6:11 AM   #6

Somebody's done it but I can't remember the site. It's a Velcro strap with a cable release grafted on the top.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 5:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Somebody's done it but I can't remember the site. It's a Velcro strap with a cable release grafted on the top.
I think it's this:

http://www.pictureitnew.com/6900/bra...acket46900.htm
sinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2003, 3:16 PM   #8

the 602z has a 2 and 10 second timer

the ten second one is useful it you have a rubbish tripod like me

davebaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2003, 5:45 PM   #9

Is that 10 seconds, the time it takes for your tripod to stop oscillating after you press the release?

At the first sign of need to open up my 602, I'll have my wireless remote shutter and slave flash sync board ready to drop in (help from jkirk gratefully acknowledged!)
Old Apr 16, 2003, 7:27 PM   #10

nah

it was just when i was doing some quicktime vr photos for a museum

its was a very darkroom and my tripod is quite light, because i need something light and small enough to ski or walk with.

is there any need for a cable release when the camera has the two/ten second timer? wont the release as it isnt screwed into the shutter button like i had on my first slr cause some camera shake?
davebaird is offline   Reply With Quote