Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:20 PM   #1

I have a Fuji S5100 and have not been able to manually focus the camera. The instructions say that in order to achieve this you set the camera on manual focus using the button on the top left and then press the +/- and use the W T toggle to focus the camera. When I do this nothing happens. Please help!
Shmul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:48 PM   #2

Did you unlock the AF button first?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:32 PM   #3

Yes I unlocked the change button. I did get some changes. Nothing I can see but at some point get a yellow arrow on one side and then the other. Then after some adjustment and no ability to see focus, the arrow appears on the other side. I do believe that I am getting a manual focus but it is so slow and difficult to see that it was possibly working but I was not able to see it all the time.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 8:20 PM   #4

The yellow arrow means you are getting close to being in focus. When the arrow shifts to the other side, you've gone too far and have to go back the other way. The manual focus is slow, and it doesn't seem to work through the entire zoom range, or if you are too close and need to be in macro mode. In general, you have to keep your eye to the EVF and wait to see when the object comes into focus.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:35 PM   #5

Thanks, it would appear that the manual focus is almost a waste of time . I appreciate your help very much.:-)