Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:19 PM   #1
Dx

okies i went out this morning and very much unsucessfully tryed to take a couple pics on manual mode with a slow shutter speed. and all my pictures came out white. nothing else..just white.. first time i'm tryed manual and i was using a tripod and a cable release

any idea's/thoughts etc?

help would be much appriecated
Dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:57 PM   #2
Dx

ok just been trying the "b" setting on the camera and it's still coming out as a very white pic.. film speed is 400, bulb setting etc, can't understand it
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:00 PM   #3

I don't know in the morning to you is early before sunrise, after sunrise, or bright daylight.... You used b settingat high ISO 400 is way out of range.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Dx

changed the iso to 200 since thats all it goes down to.... still the same..... next thought?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:06 AM   #5

Set the camera in A (Auto) and half press the shutter, aim at the same scene, look at the exposure value in the viewfinder.

Turn the dial to M mode, copy the same shutter speed and aperture to set the camera. You get the pictures, not perfect but better than blanks,your camera is ok.

B mode is mostly for low light shots, not for bright daylight.

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:43 AM   #6

To take pictures in manual mode you need to understand the shutter speed and lens aperture relationship. There are many topics show you how to do this on the internet or just pick up a basic photography book to learn at your own pace.

Learn how to use the gray card, if you don't have one, use a newspaper, it's close enough to a gray card. Digital don't have a wide latitude to play with like print film.

Here is a brief discussion about the gray card.

http://www.bythom.com/graycards.htm