Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:52 AM   #1

No Comments? Super CCD 6th Generation, ISO 3200!!

Let the comments begin.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:32 AM   #2

Well, this is going to sound like I'm full of sour grapes, but I'm tired of trying to keep up. It just can't be done, as far as I'm concerned. I went from a S5100 to a S9000 (in less than a year) and I'm very happy with that camera. And I guess if I can't get the picture with the S9000 then I just won't get the picture because I'm not going to spend several hundred dollars every year just to have the "latest and greatest". And since that seems to be what is required to be a REAL digital photographer, then it looks like I'm just going to have to fade away into the shadows.

You asked for the comments to begin. That's my two cents worth, and that's more than my opinion is really worth.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:45 AM   #3

jphess is correct-

The rapid succession of cameras is an expensive process, that only few people can really afford. In addition, there is also the effective learning curve to consider as well. It takes some time to really get comfortable with and to really learn a camera well, so that you can get the very best photos from it. At the current pace of development, the cameras are coming faster than it is comfortable for some people, myself included.

I would really like toconcentrate on my S-9000 and then perhaps next year, at this time,I will be ready to consider a camera like the new F-30. By that time the reviews will be completed, the user evaluations will be received, and the price of the F-30 will have been reduced considerably.

I agree with jphess. There is a real dollar cost to using the latest and the greatest. It is a cost that I really don't want to pay.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:18 AM   #4

And besides that, since ISO 3200 has been announced, how long do you think it will be until ISO 6400 comes along? I know, it is already in many of the DSLRs. But when you look at these dazzling crystal clear sharp images, they are usually shot at the lowest possible ISO that the camera offers. Perhaps the Fuji S9000 isn't typical because some have complained that the high ISO photos are noisy. I don't know because I haven't taken anything over ISO 800 yet (it's winter here, and I'm more of a summertime photo enthusiast). But I know that my son-in-law tried taking some pictures at ISO 3200 with his Nikon D70, and he wasn't that excited about the quality. He said they were very grainy. So if I'm taking pictures at ISO 800 and am happy with the results, I really see no reason to get excited about ISO 3200.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:16 AM   #5

BUT... If you want to see what others are saying about the camera, just look here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012

There are several threads about it.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:22 AM   #6

I am in total agreement with each of you.

As a Sony F-828 shooter I got tired of waiting for an upgrade.

When Fuji announced the s9000, I knew it was for me by the specs.

I bought the S9000 as an upgrade to the F-828 (which to me it is by a large margin).

I also bought the S9000 to'keep up' with the market and get on the side lines until something really new and fantastic would come out.

I am still happily in that position with my S9000, and while I monitor the market each day for PMA news, etc., it will be a while before I buy something else to replace my S9000.

There is no reason to replace what the S9000 offers me
( except perhaps a true usable 3200 in an S9000 upgrade, then I would be hooked.)

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:06 PM   #7

imo:

the s7000 is far superior to the s9000
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote