Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 26, 2003, 7:58 PM   #1

Default I want to view more S602 pictures

I think that I am going to buy the S602 but I would like to view many pictures taken with this camera. Does anyone know of websites besides all the ones that rate cameras (I have looked at all of those sites). The more pictures I look at, the more I think I will be reassured this is the camera for me.
THANKS!
PTguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2003, 3:43 AM   #2

Default More Photos

Hey,

I own the fuji finepix for about 6 months now, you can see a lot of pictures taken with it on my site... (dutch) and you will notice i'm very pleased with this camera.

http://users.pandora.be/pat44
Pat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 12:10 AM   #3
SSD

PTGuy,
There are a lot pf sample pics at www.dpreview.com. I hope this helps. I am also considering this camera.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2003, 8:38 PM   #4

Default Re: I want to view more S602 pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTguy
I think that I am going to buy the S602 but I would like to view many pictures taken with this camera. Does anyone know of websites besides all the ones that rate cameras (I have looked at all of those sites). The more pictures I look at, the more I think I will be reassured this is the camera for me.
THANKS!
Why not consider going to a camera store and have the salesman load up 2 or 3 comparable cameras and YOU take one or 2 pix from each using the same settings on each camera and have him print them out for you. That way you can determine which look best to you.

I gave myself a weekday afternoon to do this when the store wasn't busy and they were happy to oblidge.

TC
Tomcorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:38 PM   #5

I have a few Webshots albums taken with my S602. Don't use them to judge quality though, because Webshots compresses the heck out of them before uploading. These are snowmobiling pictures. They were put up on webshots for the sole purpose of sharing with the guys I've been riding with, but may give you an idea. My other albums on that site were taken with an HP 215 Photosmart (pos). If you want to see any of the originals let me know.

Roman Nose, 3/3/03

Jeru Peak, 3-8-03

Lookout, 3-19-03

Cook's Lake, 3/23/03

Jim
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 9:32 PM   #6

ATTENTION Original Poster: It is a challenging task to attempt to compare relative differences between models of cameras using non-controlled tests, such as most of te sample shots demonstrated at review sites.

More useful and greater accuracy, is judging controlled image captures(constant lighting, target, framing, etc.).

For dynamic range and color(relative tests), www.imaging-resource.com has a test called the dave box test. It is a controlled test, that if you know what to look for, you can at least use the maunal white balanced version of the captures to judge relative color rendering differnces and dynamic range differences between cameras. I urge you to ignore the 'subjective' part of the reviews, and perform your own analysis on the captures. The reviewers do not provide consistent analysis even of their own test captures, from what i have observed.

For at least some perspective on sample pics, you need to also realize that all of the reviw sites have left the default sharpen settin gon the fuji camera. While this is usuallly a not so big deal on cams, the s602 has an unusually HORRIBLE sharpening system, and noise reductin system(the engagtes with sharpening is activated) that causes artifacts, noise, haloing and even loss of resolutoin when used.

If you are aware of the signature of the sharpening system, you can at least mentally assume what a sample picture form a review site would look like if the sharpening system was set to OFF(SOFT).

View my analysis on this function in the 'Soft, Normal or Hard?' link located at the url below:

http://www.linaeum.com/productinfo/d...602/index.html

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:14 AM   #7

I have 3 pix at http://www.pbase.com/digsys/printable_2a3 that are perfect for printing @ A4 plus. I suggest you print the Portrait one on gloss paper @ A4 to see what incredible prints you can get. The shots have had NO post-processing.
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 1:23 PM   #8

Jkirk - ONe of these days, you'll stop using that distorting, evil in-camera processing! :-P

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:39 PM   #9

Is that what you used for MC165, to give the illusion there were all those bikes in the air at once doing sumersaults?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Is that what you used for MC165, to give the illusion there were all those bikes in the air at once doing sumersaults?
That was shot at 5fps 6MP fine. The 5 pix were sliced together in Photoshop and NO other processing used. The promoter has used that shot on posters to promote events. I have a few more new ones I'll put up soon. One with me lying on the track and the riders arcing high overhead. PS: That guy does the 360 degree flip REGULARLY, at events ALL over the world !
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote