Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:00 PM   #1

With all the talk regarding the abilities or lack of, this camera has to offer, I thought it would be a good idea to open a separate thread for sample pictures. At the moment there are several pictures scattered around different threads so maybe if we post them in one place it would be easier for anyone who needs to see them. So, if your happy with the camera, or maybe not so happy, post a sample pic here......:-)

Here's one of the few I've had a chance to take since my camera was returned from Fuji. Still room for improvement, but a million miles from what I was getting.....

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:46 PM   #2

Hi Stranger

Your tree picture still looks a little on the bright side, have you tried using the Manual mode or even the "P" mode with a slightly reduced EV setting, I have found the results are far better and even very acceptable.

It's just this AUTO mode that appears to let this camera down very badly.

I have posted another decent picture, taken using the "P" mode with a 1/3 EV reduction.

I have deleted all my bad ones off now, so cant post the really bad pics, but I feel sure I will get some once I move back into full auto mode !

Ian

Attached Images

Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:39 PM   #3

Focus Man wrote:
Quote:
Hi Stranger

Your tree picture still looks a little on the bright side, have you tried using the Manual mode or even the "P" mode with a slightly reduced EV setting, I have found the results are far better and even very acceptable.

It's just this AUTO mode that appears to let this camera down very badly.

I have posted another decent picture, taken using the "P" mode with a 1/3 EV reduction.

I have deleted all my bad ones off now, so cant post the really bad pics, but I feel sure I will get some once I move back into full auto mode !

Ian

While I don't own and have not used an S9x00, I have certainly seen some excellent pics taken in Auto mode with no real PP, pretty much straight out of the camera, posted by Steve Dak and others. Not sure why you are having problems in Auto mode since others seem to be getting good results.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 5:01 AM   #4

Focus Man, The tree pic is ok at this end so obviously our monitors are set differently. My monitor is set to Photoshop along with my printer profile so my printer matches what I see.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:00 AM   #5

Hi,
I've been using my s9500 since January and initially was terrified I might have similar problems to other's on these forums. Thankfully, I seem to have been lucky enough to get a good camera. At least as far as I can tell. I had a Samsung Digimax V4 before the Fuji so have a lot of learning to do before I can say I am getting the best out it, but results so far are promising.

This was shot in overcast conditions with (I think) -2/3 ev so as not to blow the white plumage.

Comments appreciated.

Bob
Attached Images

bob_leitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:13 AM   #6

Hi Bob, Your duck picture looks fine, but how is your camera when used in full auto mode, I suspect the results wont be as good.

Ian
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:19 AM   #7

Hi Stranger, maybe you have a point, it could be down to monitor brightness and types.

I am going to give my S9500 a good trying out in Auto mode, because since the washed out problems, I have been converted to using it in the "P" and manual settings.

I will keep you posted as to the results.

Ian

Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:26 AM   #8

Hi Clyde, I cant understand it neither, but there is alot of people reporting similar problems.

I must say however, in other settings the camera is superb !

All I can say is, look at my previous image taken in full auto mode at ...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...16&page=12

and make your own mind up when compared to pics taken in the other modes.

PS - This picture wasn't a one off, I had a full days shooting like this.

Ian
Old Feb 25, 2006, 7:49 AM   #9

There is nothing wrong with the 9500's Auto mode - I have proven that to myself time & time again - under very differing conditions both indoor and outdoor. If you are having problems then it must be camera specific ie there's something wrong with your specific camera. If there was any kind of design fault with the9500in this regard,I andmany others would not be able to produce consistently good results in Auto mode with our 9500's.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 8:25 AM   #10

I don't use auto mode because I like to use the lowest iso setting that I can. Using P mode locks in the iso setting I want. Other than that there's no problem. Under very difficult lighting conditions I use manual mode and bracket my shots. Under some situations I use shutter or aperture priority If I want to lock in motion or adjust DOF. I had 35+ years with full manual SLR's so I am quite comfortable with manual settings. The reason I chose the s9000 was speed, handling and easy access to various manual settings. I've found it is also capable of taking good shots under a wide varity of lighting conditions.

Tom
tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote