Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 29, 2003, 9:49 PM   #1

Default Getting cable for a FinePix camera

Hello! This is my first visit to this forum. I came here because a friend of mine has a FinePix 2600 camera but the USB cable is lost, so she has a digital camera and no way of transferring the pictures to the computer. I suggested getting a memory card reader as an alternative.

Anyway, we want to know if the cable can be purchased separately and if so, where?

Thanks.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2003, 3:59 AM   #2

Good question, presumably you've tried the Fuji accessories route?

The mini-usb connector used, is the same as those on some PDA's (personal organisers) and pocket MP3 players.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2003, 11:18 AM   #3

I looked into the Fujiflm web site and did not find the cable in the accesories. The problem is that I cannot see the cable myself because my friend and I are a few thousand miles away from each other. I did see the socket in the pictures found in this web site and the plug appears to be rectangular, unlike the one that comes with my Kodak digital camera which has six sides, similar to the B type USB plug but very tiny.

Can the cable be purchased in computer and electronics stores?
Old Mar 30, 2003, 4:13 PM   #4

The cable that came with my MP3 player has the same connectors as my Fuji S602. All these small usb link devices are likely to use this type which is flat, rectangular with 4 pins (sockets?). It seems as though it's becoming a universal connector for miniature usb. Go checkout your local PDA/MP3 store and ferret through some of the product boxes.

Who knows, you might buy her a cheap MP3 player as a nice pressie, as well as a lead for the camera! The reader is the quickest/ cheapest way to get going.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2003, 7:34 PM   #5

Hey! Don't say that too loud or she will want one...

Thanks for the information.