Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 31, 2003, 1:36 AM   #1

Default A few S602Z Questions...

I am just about to get my S602, so I have a few questions about accessories...

Memory: I am thinking a 340mb Microdrive right now- does anyone know how many pictures that would store (high quality and a middle quality- I probably won't shoot at the lowest quality)... would a few smartmedia cards be more cost effective (buying new only on eBay).

PowerWhat is the best/cheap power pack to get? Am I just best with a few AAs and a charger so I can recharge them whereever I go?

Downloading Pictures:Should I buy a CF/SmartMedia reader, or can I download pics straight from the camera quickly and easily? Will this drain too much power, possibly requiring an AC Adapter to be purchased?

Thanks!

Jeremy
airplanenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2003, 3:56 AM   #2

Memory: Go 1Gb Microdrive, shoot 6Mpix Fine 2.2Mb/ pic do the arithmetic.

Power: At least 2 sets 2000MaH batts, fast charger.

Downloading Pics: With a Microdrive you might be nervous about taking it in and out (fine pins). Those batts will be OK for downloads as long as they start charged and you re-charge afterwards. I also have an external power unit (5V 2Amp)

Dazzle card reader as well. OK for the SM, and if you screw up the format in the MD or SM you can at least recover your cards.

You can keep both SM and MD in the cam and select which one to use in the menu with this cam.

Cheers - VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 10:19 AM   #3

I don't think I can afford a 1GB right now I'll have to look at my bank account again ops:

Also, where can I buy those batteries, and how expensive are they (or are they regular rechargeable AAs?)

Jeremy
Old Apr 3, 2003, 8:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplanenut
I don't think I can afford a 1GB right now I'll have to look at my bank account again ops:

Also, where can I buy those batteries, and how expensive are they (or are they regular rechargeable AAs?)

Jeremy
Jeremy

I use a 256K CF card and it holds more than 100 pix + video. (cost = $125 at Office Max on sale)I use the cable provided to down load directly from the camera to my PC and this takes only a minute or two at the most.

One tip - never use the computer's software to deleate the pics from your cf card. Use the camera's erase function instead. That way you never loose any memory on the card and don't have to reformat it.

2000 ma bateries are expensive I paid $60 for a fast charger and 1 set of bateries and $30 for an extra set and feel that it was well worth it. Purchased these at Circuit City where I bought the Camera.

Regards
TC
Tomcorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2003, 10:11 PM   #5

I just got myself a 340 mb microdrive... considering a smart media just in case...

I will also probably go get a few 2000 or 1800 mah batteries... as cheap as $3 for 4 on ebay.

Jeremy