Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:18 PM   #1

I just received my E900 yesterday. So far so good. One of the great things about a digital cam is the ability to try different settings and receive instant feedback. I just loaded my first test images into the Fuji software. Do the details of each picture transfer into the pc such as flash on/off, shutter speed, white balance, etc? Or do I lose the info once images are trandferred from the camera?

Thanks for the help.

Bob
bobkirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:22 PM   #2

The information you are referring to is the EXIF data for each image. This information is transferred from your camera/card when you copy your images to your computer. I have never been very impressed with the viewer software that Fuji provides, so I didn't bother to install the version that came with my last camera. The version that I do have installed does not show the EXIF data. I usually view that information with the Bridge viewer that is part of Photoshop CS2. If you do a Web search for Opanda Software, you will find a EXIF viewer that you can download for free. It isn't as convenient as using the Bridge software, but if you don't have anything else it will at least enable you to look at the settings that were used for your images.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:59 AM   #3

I agree with JP about the usefulness (or lack of it) of the Finepix software. I loaded it,never really used it, and uninstalled it. I do recall it being able to display fairlycomprehensive exif data though - can't remember exactly how you go about it but I do recall thatit's one of the options down on the left hand side of the screen in the viewer, "image information" or some such like.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:39 AM   #4

Yes. Its an option on the left hand side. Click on 'File/Folder Info' and you will get all your settings.

cheers

Wally
wblenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:53 PM   #5

Thanks alot guys. I found the info. It is so much easier than the 35mm SLR days. Now you can take ten pictures and see exactly what' s going on witheach parameter change.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

Bob
bobkirs is offline   Reply With Quote