Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:30 PM   #11

I've seen some great pics taken in auto mode posted by some of the people postingin this thread.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:46 AM   #12

for sure the s9000/9500 is an excellent cam tht will promise u good results with minimal photographic knowledge. And ofcourse witha bit of know how the possibilities are endless

DSLR are a differnet league of cams i think. they are generally a little tougher to use as you dont have any real time evaluation tools to meter shots with. In reference to pic quality for sure the slr is the btter option. if it wasnt then canon would be making $3000 non slr cams now. but ofcouse at a similar price point as the s9000.9500 dslr doesnt standa chance imho. once you price up lense, find a body to churn out 9mp you are well over th price of the fuji.

in refernece to the defective s9000/9500 i cant really say anythign as i dont own one but yes i did see the 14page thread about the defective s9000/9500.

concerning?????? you be the judge.

I work with electronics in NZ and we move a fair bit of the s9500 and we havenet had any come back so far.

good luck. i considered this cam wen i was thining about buying mine. i thought it wasa good cam to use. packed with good practical features.

personally AT THIS PRICE POINT i would opt for the s9000/95000 over dslr or if you can stretch a bit i have always been a fan of the canon 350D.

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:29 AM   #13

With Ken's mention of the 14 page thread on the S9X00, I thought I better poke my nose in. (in a good way)

The S9X00 model is a brilliant setup as a "bridging" camera to make the leap from compact to dSLR. As I had become a photographic recluse and had not touched a camera in 10 years. Budgetwas a concern. I looked around at a lot of cameras and could not go past the S9500. I needed a camera to get me back in the mood for photography without costing me thousands. (been there done that before) If you are in the same circumstances then this camera is a very viable option to you.

As I have been a frequent poster on the previously mentioned 14 page thread of recent times. I have to say that my camera was an early model. I am sure that with the continued role out glitches in the model will be resolved before they leave the factory. Fuji just need to be made aware of them so they can fix them.

I kept my camera for a long time before finally deciding it was not me. End result the whole lens assembly is apparently being replaced. This I have to believe has got to be a rare drastic occurrence.

Also take into account Dadeo that people that are having problems tend to be a bit more vocal. I would hope though that people can see my approach that I am keeping people informed of my progress. Plus I admit that my case may be an isolated incident. I do advise people though, that if they think there is a problem, get it checked out by the professionals.

In closing Dadeo, look for a camera that suits you and your purposes. Reviews and individual opinions are great but in the end you are the one taking the pictures. You have to be comfortable with your setup, it doesn't matter if it costs $500 or $5000. It is your approach, technique and imagination that makes a photo.

Now, WAKE UP! All those people I put to sleep with mymonologue.:G

shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:41 PM   #14

I like mine. Has versatility and many features. Movie mode works very well.

Attached Images

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:37 AM   #15

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
for sure the s9000/9500 is an excellent cam tht will promise u good results with minimal photographic knowledge. And ofcourse witha bit of know how the possibilities are endless

ken

yea as i mentioned earlier the s9000/9500 is an excellent cam. its closest competitor would be the pana fz30 but obviously differnece pros and cons.

Also like i said earlier here in nz we seem to be having no issues wit the s9500 line of cams. Must be a certain batch tht had the issues.

Personally i think just go for the s9000/9500. Its a good solid cam tht will push the boundaries of dslr quality images. Like i said earlier the fz30 is a very sim spec machine and iam very happy with it. Im constantly stunned by the image quality from this cam. Im sure the s9000 will be the same

ken

Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:50 PM   #16

You knowthey were also bashing the FZ30 about "watercolor" and noise. I tested an FZ30 before I purchased my S9000.Like the 9000 bashers, I doubt the FZ30bashers ever had one in their hand.They are both great cameras and both have pros and cons.

This all seems like the Harley Davidson forums. No mater which model you own, there was always some "poser" that would say he owned one and it was junk or too small or too slow or too big.... Again, I doubt the "poser" ever owned one. Get the picture?
honus402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:22 AM   #17

honus402 wrote:
Quote:
You knowthey were also bashing the FZ30 about "watercolor" and noise. I tested an FZ30 before I purchased my S9000.Like the 9000 bashers, I doubt the FZ30bashers ever had one in their hand.They are both great cameras and both have pros and cons.

I work in the industry and do get the luxury of shooting to one of our local stores to play wth the latest toys

Initially i played with the s2 vs the fz5. i was so impressed with the way the fz5 worked. i loved the menus and the speed and the clarity of the shots. I personally thought the s2 was blown away. I then thought why not spend a litle more and get the top of the range

i did play with both the fz30 and s9000/9500. I played with both for a weekend and i (personally) found the fz30 to be a much better camera (FOR ME).

ofcourse the s9000/9500 is a great cam also but i just prefered the fz30.

I loove my fz30. I have had a quick play with the s5600 after owning my fz and yea i just cant get over the fuji gui. to me they jst seem weird to hold and access basic functions.

HOWEVER i do like the idea of lo noise at higher iso levels. I mean so far i havent really found a situation when i would think to myself. gooosh i wish i had less noise at hi iso.

Every cam will get the bash. If they didint then they would be the perfect cam.

i think at this price point comparing features and pros and cons i think everybody will be impressed with the s9000/95000 or like me the pana fz30

ken
Old May 18, 2006, 11:17 PM   #18

I would like to thank everyone for there opinions. It has been a while since I sought out your opinions. After weighing all the information I could get, I ended up getting a D50. And, I am happy with my decision. I got a factory demo from Cameta Auctions on Ebay. It was a way that I could afford the camera. And when I got it, it certainly seems to be in perfect condition.

What ended up being the biggest reason for finally not considering the Fuji S9000 was that I could not find a dealer that carried the camera in stock. Many of the stores I checked with told me they could get me one. And I could have ordered one off the internet. But I felt I needed to hold one before making a decision. It is the same reason I ruled out the Pentax *ist DL. Just could not find a dealer that carried the camera.

Again, thanks everyone for your help.

Dadeo
Dadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 12:06 PM   #19

Dadeo wrote:
Quote:
I would like to thank everyone for there opinions. It has been a while since I sought out your opinions. After weighing all the information I could get, I ended up getting a D50. And, I am happy with my decision. I got a factory demo from Cameta Auctions on Ebay. It was a way that I could afford the camera. And when I got it, it certainly seems to be in perfect condition.

What ended up being the biggest reason for finally not considering the Fuji S9000 was that I could not find a dealer that carried the camera in stock. Many of the stores I checked with told me they could get me one. And I could have ordered one off the internet. But I felt I needed to hold one before making a decision. It is the same reason I ruled out the Pentax *ist DL. Just could not find a dealer that carried the camera.

Again, thanks everyone for your help.

Dadeo

I got a Nikon D50 as well. I put my Tamron 28-200 XR (IF) Zoom lens on it, and it takes some excellent picture, but so does the Fuji S9000. One day I took pictures of the chickens and their surroundings including wire, posts and some small orange flags. Used the D50 at sRGB setting and Adobe sRGB setting and the Fuji. Really, it's so close in the pictures it's hard to say. I like the D50 ability to change the ISO almost instantly. Just push the ISO button and rotate the command wheel, it's that simple. I like the wider range on the Fuji S9000. The Tamron is an EXCELLENT lens, but at 28 it is more like 42mm where the Fuji is a true 28mm equivalent in 35mm cameras. Excellent cameras both. I have found a couple of "dots" that are on the sensor on the new Nikon already that I never had/have to worry about on the Fuji.

I am planning a trip with my daughter back to Nebraska. We're taking both cameras and I'm going to show her how to use the Fuji and she can shoot with that instead of her 2 MP Toshipb P/S.

Great cameras both. picture taken with Nikon D50 w/Tamron 28-200 lens.

Attached Images

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote