Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:02 PM   #101

mmmm,it seems a friend of mine is lots more than upset with Fuji.He's called them several times and they finally told him that Fuji has no problem with the command dial and haven't heard that there is from anyone saying that they do.Will someone please send them this forum so that they know.I sent my camera out yesterday for this problem.The command dial doesn't work after owning the camera(brand new)for only three months now.So they do have a problem.
teleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:13 PM   #102

I don't believe in breaking the camera purposely.But after owning mine for three months and handling it carefully as I do all my equiptment itbroke anyway.Go figure huh. According to Fuji,they say they aren't aware of this problem,so I don't expect the 9600 to be any better than the S9000.It just seems that they only fixed what was not working on the 9000 and called it a 9600.So there you go.I wonder how many cameras they've fixed so far??Must be tons and they still aren't aware of the problem??Yeah right.
teleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:26 AM   #103

mansell wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
I took out an extended warranty on my S9500 in July 06 without any problem.

did it cost alot?
mansell,

I extended the warranty to three years by taking out the super warranty, which includes cover for accidental damage, via the http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/myfuji website. As you live in the UK you could do the same. I don't know whether this arrangement applies elsewhere in the world. The cost is £20 per year upto, I think, a maximum of 5 years. The terms and conditions are on the above website.

I was hoping that if the command dial shaft is going to break it will do so in the three year window.
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:54 PM   #104

Hello. Well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one having this problem. Camera worked just fine and then this morning the command dial stopped working. Just like all the rest, I can turn it yet nothing happens. Funny thing about it, I'm still learning how to shoot manually so I really haven't used it all that often.

I gotmy S9000in May 2006 and the # is 54A13498.

Bad part about it - I did not fill out the warranty. I never seem to remember. *sigh*

I did find this interesting bit of rebateinfo, courtesy of the Finepix S9000/S9500 group on Flickr though, and thought I'd pass it on to you all. http://www.fujifilmrebates.com/orsto...?productID=153

Thanks,

Misty
Reggie121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:25 PM   #105

Reggie.... no warranty registration is required for anything you buy. The only thing you need is the bill of sale.

Don't let anyone tell you different. Give an authorized Fuji Service Centre a call now.... or talk to the place of purchase.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:39 AM   #106

Reggie121 wrote:
Quote:

I did find this interesting bit of rebate¬*info, courtesy of the Finepix S9000/S9500 group on Flickr though, and thought I'd pass it on to you all.¬*¬* http://www.fujifilmrebates.com/orsto...?productID=153

Thanks,

Misty
I wonder why I never see any rebates from Fuji in Taiwan ...
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:12 AM   #107

Ah rebates...... the person who thought this up should be retired on a tropical island... what a genius.

Since no one was sending in the warranty cards, they came up with this idea. Now they haveyour info they can sell, and they get to play with your money for months..

No date range on the Fuji rebate... I think I'll try anyways.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:07 AM   #108

I have had 2 S9500's, both command dials were replaced

I hope the S9600 is better
pvdplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:24 PM   #109

Right..... and there's no problem with this camera.... according to Fuji.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:55 AM   #110

I bought my camera june this year so far I havent had any problems but am very careful in using the command dias..in fact ultra careful and hence dont feel im using the camera toits full potential I emailed fuji uk and global telling them of my concerns making reference to forums like this that hace clearly pointed out that problem seems to exist...me thinks that if the new s9600 has a changed desing regarding this button that that is proof enough...

as yet fuji havent bothered to reply and that is over a month ago ......

can 'steve' or someone with a bit of respect and clout not contact fuji on our behalf expressing concerns .....if this story was run front page on this site maybe fujie ears would pick up

cheers

harry
henryhtc is offline   Reply With Quote