Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:17 PM   #111

Same here.... no problem so far yet my camera is in the suspected date range based on the posting here. It is a concern that one may not fully enjoy the use of the camera because of this issue.

The fear is needing the camera for a particular shoot and then having it fail and missing the photo opportunity

It really is a shame because this camera does a very nice job of capturing images and I'm very happy with my results so far.

I would not expect Fuji to do a recall however I would expect them tohonor any problems with he command dial past the warranty.... It would help to know if all 9000/95000 cameras are affected or just a particular date range.

bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 8:02 AM   #112

Oh i'm yet another poor soul with a s9500. I have taken approx 2000-3000 thousand pictures and found out today that my control dial fails to work. I thought it might have been a battery problem but then i found this site. Seem like there is a large number of users with this problem and i have just joined the group. I going to take mine back to the shop and get them to ship it for me but i hope it wouldn't take 3-4 week to repair. I think that the camera takes great pictures but would be better if the focus ring was like a slr. I think i might upgrade to the A100 sony, i had the f505 and i thought that was a great camera better focus ring, but lacked the megapixels and memory card size which i sold on, other people selling similar camera used my pics i took with my camera without consent (ebay did nothing after numberous emails). Canon 400D was my next option but the temptation of image stabiliser was too great i hold my camera more then i use my 2 tripods thus the option had 3 sony camera before and still have my first on i bought 4 years ago p32 and the other is with my dad.
Subfusion15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:55 AM   #113

Sorry to say... "Welcome to the club, Subfusion".... lets us know the outcome please.

Well at least you found a good place to share ideas. Welcome to the forum.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:15 PM   #114

I think people should be using their statutory rights more here! It's just happened to my camera with a couple of months left on a one year warranty! I read about the issue BEFORE i purchased the unit and have treated it with kid gloves!
This is what I am sending back to E-buyer with the camera.

'Dear Sir Madam

I am returning this product which I purchased from your company. This camera has had very minimal use and the command dial
function has ceased to work.
A simple piece of research on photographic sites and forums has shown that this is a
prolific problem among this model of Fuji (s9500) camera.

This camera is not fit for purpose and I will not be happy with a replacement or repair.
This problem has re-occurred with repaired models and it is clearly a design error. It is quite obviously a manufacturing defect
and an issue that your company will have to resolve with Fujifilm. It is not worthy of £400 price tag with this blatant defect.

I want a full refund or I will settle for another manufacturers product if you can provide an item that meets my
requirements.'

Notes:
THE KEY IS TO SEND THE CAMERA BACK AND DON'T TAKE 'NO' FOR AN ANSWER. DO NOT ACCEPT A REPLACEMENT UNIT OR REPAIR. However, this should be done through the purchasing shop/company and not Fuji!
NB: This is certainly a valid argument under UK consumer legislation, please check for other countries.

I'll let you know how I get on - it may require me to use the small claims court system etc (or at least threaten use of it) I have done it before and will do so again.
nickough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:31 PM   #115

By the way, this link should give you all the info you need to argue your case with your shops or Fuji.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page24700.html

For info - I have been using my camera lightly for 10 months on Auto settings and only started to use the command dial two days ago! This product sucks and I will never buy anything Fuji again - Canon or Nikon will be getting my 'hard earned' from now!

BBC Watchdog will be getting an a-mail shortly!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:33 PM   #116

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

Don't bother with Fuji - they are clearly shying away from this.

THIS SHOULD BE A RE-CALL!

Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:10 PM   #117

Command dial again!!! First time was april 1 and now on december 1 i was taking night photos and adjusting the aperature and suddenly nothing would happen . After reading some of the comments about this happening again i could not believe it just happened to me again! Just sent my camera back to fuji for repair with a picture of the top cover from this forum... Not very happy with this command dial issue at all. I was very carefull with the camera and at this point i am not liking the choice i made getting this camera. I had a 602 fuji and loved the camera and upgraded to the 9000 and loved the 9000 even better than the 602. The pictures were better than my 602 but not in auto. Learned alot with this cam on how to take pictures by making the adjustments myself with great results. I hope they install a beefed up command dial . If they did not improve the dial and just replace with the original style i will not be able to depend on the camera and will have a sour taste of fuji or the 9000 in general
fujiuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:04 AM   #118

Complaint Update!!

I have had a full refund from E-buyer.com (£370.00) - purchase price - after 10 months use - delighted! I am off to buy a canon eos400D now! Enough of these Fuji problems!

I highly recommend using my above letter style - it worked for me - I was refunded within 6 days, which is pretty good at this time of year!

Cheers

Nick
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:07 AM   #119

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to add to people's comments on the problem with the S9500's command dial.

I bought my unit in September 2005. I brought it to China on a holiday in April 2006 and the command dial died on me there. It was still under warranty, but I had to wait for 2 months before Fuji Malaysia gave it back to me. And now less than 6 months after the repair, the command dial died again. I'm not sure if I can afford to fix it.

MP
maritapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:38 AM   #120

GDAY ,

add me to the list

i brought 2nd hand in oz so have no warranty - i use a lot of fill flash and now cant turn fill on - and of course no exposure control. DAMN IT !!

any1 in oz got a repair cost 4me ?

. my bro has a 7500 that he isnt using - could i swap over the dials ??????
bill_b is offline   Reply With Quote