Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:59 AM   #121

I have seen details of home-made repairs to the command dial shaft - one using a pop-rivet shaft (on this site) and one (from China) using a cocktail stick!

So far (just over a year) my S9500 is OK and I am hoping that if the shaft breaks it will be within the remaining two years of the super-waranty period that I took out. If it fails after this time I think I will try to replace the shaft using something such as a pop-rivet shaft.

Good luck with getting your camera fixed Bill.

programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:57 PM   #122

thanks mate - so it is just a matter of replacing the shaft ??

has any1 had it repaired only to see this crappy shaft go again ???

bill_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:18 AM   #123

I haven't seen any complaints about the dial on the 9100/9600. Has this problem been corrected on the these latest versions?
Soundman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:16 AM   #124

hello hello. i have a 9500, purchased in september last year, serial number 62U11588.

guess what?

you're right. the command dial is impotent.

i have just registered on the fuji website to have it repaired, and my mother is frantically looking for the receipt, as i didn't ever register the warranty. (i will put it in the box anyway when i return it).

I thought i was lucky when i heard about this fault with this camera, turns out i'm not. I've taken about 4000 shots with it, pretty happy with it for what it cost me other than this fault. oh and the fact that the auto mode is terrible!

i'll update on the repair process..

ohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 6:49 PM   #125

UK service just returned mine, they replaced the entire top panel assembly. shame they didnt send back my receipt!

the turnaround was about 3 days. impressive.

lets hope it lasts!
ohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:34 PM   #126

Hi! I live in Canada. My camera is a FinePix S9000 and guess what?

The command dial died today, with no appparent reason.

Serial: 54A11392

Was bought new in June 2006... still under warranty BUT fortunately, I have an extended warranty. It seems that I will need it... :roll:
Bewindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:56 AM   #127

If you can read french, here's the answer from Fuji... they said as they KNOW the problem, they will repar it free.

Merci pour votre email ainsi que pour votre intérêt envers nos produits. Nous avons contacter le Directeur des réparations afin de connaitre les modalitées de la réparation du ''Mode dial''. Il est vrai qu'il s'agit d'un problème de manufacture de la S9000. Cependant, comme nous sommes au courant de la situation, nous effectuons toutes réparations ou modifications reliées à ce problème gratuitement, à tous les propriétaires de ce modèle de caméra. Le changement de cette pièce vous assure la disparition du problème.
Bewindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 6:09 AM   #128

Yet another command dial failure.. In Brisbane here...and about to head off on Monday to the Fuji Repair agent. Fingers crossed. Has only 12 month warranty and purchased Dec 2005, but same MO as others on this forum. Taken heaps of good shots for past 18 months..and snapped a few extra today.. then.. whammo.. no command dial. i also thought batteries or software as no appreciable change to feel of dial, but no alteration to manual settings. Off on a big holiday in 4 weeks time.. maybe i have a a camera.. maybe i dont. Perhaps I'll take the disposable kodak!
masso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 3:11 PM   #129

My command dial broke yesterday while at a BBQ on Llantwit Major beach (South Wales). Panic at first, then I turned to the internet. A known fault. The camera is just outside of the 12 month warranty period, but I have full faith that a world wide brand like FujiFilm will want to live up to it's image, and repair a widely reported fault F.O.C., warranty or no warranty. It's good customer service. To me, like many people, the ability to take photos is important, be it a BBQ at the beach, or a friends wedding, and Fuji will understand this faith we put in them. Word spreads fast on the internet. I've just sent them an email - will let you know.
smithonthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:20 AM   #130

I just got back my S9000 from repair. The same, the command dial stopped working 5/9/2007.

Set it in 5/29/2007 and got it back 6/7/2007. I have owen this camera since 10/31/2005.

Fujifilm USAfixed it for free. I'm very happy with this camera and the support I received from Fujifilm.

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote