Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 23, 2006, 9:12 AM   #61

belgian pie wrote:
Quote:
Everyday we get more broken command dials complaints ... it's obvious that the fault is with Fuji ... and a whole batch of it ... and is the repair a good one or is it going to fail soon again?

I wonder that Fuji didn't have a press releas about this failure, they should take the blame ...:G

How many reports of command dial failures have you seen in all of the Fuji forums you read? Fifteen? Twenty? Thirty? I've seen about twenty to thirty, when you deduct out posts by the same people on multiple forums it is more like 15-20 reports, surely a small percentage for the number of cameras sold even allowing for more incidents of people that never post to a forum. Other manufacturers have had similar issues in recent months, the manufacturing process of any item can have problems. As long as the manufacturer makes it good (and all I've heard suggests that Fuji has done so), then yes it is an aggravation, but in the end it should not be a major issue.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 9:59 AM   #62

If you have this kind of fall-out in the auto industry you'll get a major recall to fix the problem for once and for all ... why can't fuji do something similar ... recall all the cameras and replace all the problem parts.
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:02 PM   #63

Hey Clyde

You go on percentages.

You have to consider the failure rates.

This site has a snapshot of fuji 9500 owners maybe 2 or 3 percent.

If you consider how many failures per owner .

This camera is a realduffer.

I had decided tosell it on but hey what's a hammer for.
Scottishpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:16 PM   #64

hi , as someone who only has had the camera for a month now and who stumbled onto this excellent website i am very alarmed to think that the camera ive just shelled out 300 pounds for may be a 'duffer'

my question is has noone had an official response from fuji regrding this issue...

from what ive read on other forums on the web.. sites like this one are well respected by the manufacturers and a question posted directly to them from those who maintain this site might carry enough clout to merit a proper thought out response from fuji.

Ive enjoyed using the camera for the last month but now have a feeling of dread that at any moment im going to run into problems and its detracting my enjoyment in using it ....in fact even though it came with a two year warranty from pixmania...and yes i do also anticpate problems since fuji uk wouldnt let me access fuji usk site fully since they pointed out to me in email that the camera i bought wasnt intended fro the british market...even though it comes with fuji worldwide gaurantee....im now thinking about taking out fujis extended gaurantee just in case
henryhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:10 PM   #65

This is bullshit from Fuji

Quote:

"since fuji uk wouldn't let me access fuji usk site fully since they pointed out to me in email that the camera i bought wasn't intended for the british market"

Fuji makes them and they can not impose a monopoly on import of cameras to any country by any company ... the EU is very strickt on this issue.
If I buy a Fuji camera abroad with international warranty they should fix it anywhere in the world and because I shelled out money to buy their product I should have the right to access any web site of fuji and ... is fuji maybe selling quality reject cameras to other countries?

Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:28 AM   #66

hi there , what happened was that i knowilngly knew that buying from pixmania.co.uk who are actually a french based firm that I probably would get a camera meant for the french market..this is what I got complete with french manuals etc etc ....but the plus side was the camera was cheaper than i would have gotten in the uk.....so i thought iwas getting a bargain..lol.....

once it arrived i tried to log in and register with fuji uk site to try to get a manual in english since my french isnt too good.....on entering the cameras serial number box code etc i got a message that this wasnt valid blah de blah.......so i phoned fuji uk..who told me that the my fuji site on the uk fuji site is meant for uk customers only and is provided as a bonus for uk customers......

I pointed out i was after a manual in english and was told they could suplly but where out of stock and it would cost about 10 pounds .....I said surely given that the camera is a fuji camera and they where fuji they could let me get a copy of the manual from somewhere .....i was then sort of unofficially of the record told try fuji usa site where ther manual was available for download.....this i did

I then emailed fuji uk hq ...with a note that i wasnt too happy and questioned how i could register this camera with fuji uk since if there was a problem they would be the people i would turn too..i got a bul...t reply again telling me that fuji uk really was for fuji uk customers ....i replied back saying that i wished my original email and the reply from fuji uk forwarded to fuji hq wherever that was ...and about a week later got a letter from fuji uk telling me my camera was now registered and asking me if i wanted to purchase the extended warranty ......

as of this morning i have gone online and shelled out another 59.50 for the two year extended warranty....why to give me piece of mind that when the time comes and it looks like it may that my command dial packs up i can then at least get it fixed hopefully hassle free....

am i glad ive bought this camera.....nope do i regret buying it yes........do i think fuji should get this problem sorted now or at least come clean that if there is a problem they will replace repair or whatever right away no questions asked you better believe it.

cheers

harryc
Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:29 PM   #67

sorry you're having problems - mine is still ok with about 2000 pics through it.

please could you add your serial number to this thread for reference

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16

thanks

bl0at3r

www.megap1xel.co.uk

bl0at3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:24 PM   #68

hi there ,

my cameras serial number is 61Q59330

as of yet its still working ok.........but its only a month old and ive only taken a few hundred pictures so far ....

cheers

harry
Old Jul 24, 2006, 7:37 PM   #69

Hehe ... mine was about a month old and had a little over 1,000 pics on it's belt when it broke ... I guess there are a lot of people out there that use it less then others or just shoot automatic, never touching the dial ... They'll be in for a surprise a few years from now probably ...
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:59 AM   #70

The command dial on my camera broke a couple of weeks ago. I was going to take it in for repair butI couldn't find the bloody receipt. So after readingon this thread that you can remove that section of the camera.

Stripped the top section off anddisconnected the ribbon connector.

Ifound that the center spindle of the command wheel had snapped. Its plastic about 2mm thick and hexagonal in shape.

I then removed the two screws from the metal plate covering the dials lifted it off.

Drilled a 2mm hole through the top of the command dial.

Made a new spindel from the aluminium shank of a pop rivet, I had filed one end into a hex shape to fit.

Put the pininto dial and superglued it in place.

Reassembled the camera and low and beholdthe command dial now works.

This is not arecomended thisrepair method to anyone unless you reallyhave to.

I had already bought a Canon 30D as a replacement anyway.

"Receipt in a safe place"

Scottishpete is offline   Reply With Quote