Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 4, 2003, 2:59 PM   #1

Default Preventing accidental erasures, S602 Zoom?

I can't seem to find in the instructions any way to "lock" images so they don't accidentally get deleted. Is there no way to do this with this camera? I'm using Smartmedia exclusively for the time being, by the way.

Reason I'm asking, because recently I had a whole card of good pics wiped clean by a teenage girl trying to delete a picture of herself (which I didn't want deleted either) :evil: .

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:05 PM   #2

those images could have been recovered easily.

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:12 PM   #3

Wow, that was quick! Thanks much. I will definitely check that out. It's too late I suppose for that disk, as it's been overwritten several times by now. I never even thought about data recovery, duh!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jim
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:53 PM   #4

you would be surprised as to what it may come up with as long as you didn't fill the card up. it is $30 and more than worth it.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 2:54 AM   #5

SmartMedia cards (unlike CF) can be write protected by putting a self adhesive tab on the card (usually supplied in box). OK if you've finished shooting and want a bit of basic protection to prevent accidents.

The other thing you can do is keep a CF in the second slot. Enable one media type for your pics and switch back in the menu to the other media afterwards.

There is no way of 'locking' or protecting shots on the media from erasure or re-format in the 602 - other than take the card out or write protect it.

Data recovery programs won't work if you've erased a load of pics and then written another load back to the media - don't rely on it!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote