Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:37 AM   #1

And if so, what kind of adapter would I need ?

I'm looking to upgrade from an Olympus Ultra Zoom to something with a few more pixels :-)

Oh, and one last thing how is the Manual focus achieved - is it by pressing buttons or does the ring turn on the lens ?

thanks guys !

Nick
nikovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:00 AM   #2

nikovich wrote:
Quote:
And if so, what kind of adapter would I need ?

I'm looking to upgrade from an Olympus Ultra Zoom to something with a few more pixels :-)

Oh, and one last thing how is the Manual focus achieved - is it by pressing buttons or does the ring turn on the lens ?

thanks guys !

Nick
Just aquote from another forum: "for the S5x00 range of cameras, the TCON-17 (along with the WCON-07, TLFX9 and WLFX9) fit straight on to the 55mm lens mount WITHOUT an adaptor".

As for manual focus - you will have to press buttons (holding down the exposure compensation buttonand pressing the "W" or "T" buttons of the zoom to adjust focus).

HTH

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply :-)

Just one more thing - I'm told that the threads on the 5200 are not exactly deep , so the Tcon 17 , althoughit fits fine on the threadsshould be supported at all times while holding the Camera.

Is there an adpater that would solve this and make the whole combo more ' rugged' and less likely to accidently ' pop off ' if I ever removed the Camera from it's bag with the Tcon attached or held the camera while forgetting to support the add on ?

many thanks guys

great forum !
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:10 PM   #4

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on Google so was wondering would the Tcon17 fit on the fuji s9000/9500 - or would a step down ring be required

thanks guys

Nick
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:38 AM   #5

I don't know anything about the lens you are referring to. But the 9000/9500 has a 58 mm thread so it would seem that you need an adapter. Be aware, however, that Fuji will not warranty any problems that you might create with an add-on lens on that series.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:42 AM   #6

nikovich wrote:
Quote:
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on Google so was wondering would the Tcon17 fit on the fuji s9000/9500 - or would a step down ring be required

thanks guys

Nick
Hi,

S9000/9500 has a 58 mm filter thread, Tcon17 - 55mm. You can use it with a step down ring. Just don't forget to support the whole thing.

HTH
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:31 PM   #7

thanks alot guys - it now seems that with all the problems of soft images and what not with the 9000/95000 I may actually be better off with the 5200 !

No manual focus ring but - when you can get shots like this ( with added Tcon 17 )with it - I'm very tempted...

That shot was taken by a Birder who posted it to another Forum btw.
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:24 PM   #8

nikovich,

if you are mainly after birds, just get yourself a S5200, Tcon17 and a nice monopod and you are all set for action. I've seen a lot of great images of birds (from humming-birds to bigger ones) taken with this setup. It's relatively cheap and gives you high quality images and mobility. Just don't go for cheap teleconvertors, go for the original Oly Tcon17.

HTH

This was taken with now sold S5500 without any teleconvertor and it's not even close to the pictures I've seen: