Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 25, 2006, 6:45 PM   #1

I am only posting this to make one comment, I believe the S7000 is one of the best all-in-one digital cameras ever, and at least two British photography publications' readersagree.Practical Photography and Digital Photo readershave voted it their favourite digicam. Given the number of problems reported with the S9000 (which is a real shame since the S9000 addresses the issues I had with the S7000) the S7000 may still be the Fuji to own.

I now use a Pentax *istDL (I can finally use my old lenses again), but my wife has the S7000 and a set of small studio flash units with umbrellas, for portrait work. I still love that camera and whenever I find myself in a place where quiet operation is important, and high ISO performance is not, I will be reaching for the S7000.

I am still a Fuji fan, but I was a Pentax user first and foremost.

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:20 PM   #2

Ira,

I remember participating in a lot of discussions with you back when you were trying to decide which camera to buy. And I can certainly understand why you made your decision. I have never seen nor handled the Fuji S7000. But I must say that I am very pleased with my Fuji S9000. Yes, I know it isn't a digital SLR, and I know that it isn't a lot of other things. But I have really enjoyed using it. The images are exceeding my expectations. It's nice to know that different folks can use different cameras, but everyone can still be happy and have fun with their hobby. Glad to know you still like the S7000. It gives me hope that my S9000 will last me for a few years. Nice to hear from you again.

Jim
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 8:01 PM   #3

For anyone who doesn't want the hassle of changing lenses, and who do not have film SLR lenses lying around, I think the S9000 is an excellent choice. Remember my Pentax is only 6MP compared with 9MP on the S9000.

Jim, I have seen some of your images, that camera will serve you well for a long time I hope.

Keep in touch.

Ira
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:46 AM   #4

agree - the s7000 is awesome

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:29 AM   #5

Hi Ira,

I have certainly been pleased with the performance of my S7000 for over two years now, so much so that I have not even thought about upgrading or replacing it yet. And it's funny, in my months of research prior to making a purchase, I saw enough negative comments about the S7K from reviewers and users to make me wonder if this is where I wanted to put my upgrade dollars. In the end, dedicated users on a couple of forums through their knowledge/experience convinced me that the S7K would work for me and it has done a wonderful job. I don't think I'll be parting with my S7k anytime soon. I do hope that you will continue to post here as I appreciate your opinions and insight, as well as your photographs.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:13 PM   #6

Clyde,

I will continue to check back here because there are things that my S7000 do much better than the Pentax (or any other DSLR), including the great movie mode.

Here is a Squirrel shot with the S7000:
Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:11 AM   #7

S7000 still IS a very good and capable camera and over here you can still buy it brand new with a 2 years Fuji's warranty. I am glad to hear that you still like your S7k and enjoy the results it can produce.

I think the same can be said about the whole S-series of Fuji's cameras: great handling, quality and results and a lot of satisfied owners.

My S5500 has found a new owner and I like my new S9500 a lot. I hope when all the hype around it finally settles down, what you've said about your S7000, will be said about S9000/9500.

best wishes and happy shooting
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:36 PM   #8

Hi Ira,

Really liked your squirrel picture! I can't get any shots like that here as my cat runs them up the tree before they even sit still a nanosecond.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 6:53 AM   #9

i have neva sen a s7000 before. i think the s9000 is a good cam. i enjoyed using it.

Ken
FZ30
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:11 PM   #10

I to have to agree I have had mine for about 2 years now and I took out the sth American open amurture grand chapionship prize of $1000.00 US
Attached Images

bygum is offline   Reply With Quote