Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 8, 2003, 8:30 PM   #11

As I said:

Quote:
jinx recommends Transcend 512Mb 30X ultra.
He said he filled his card at 30fps 640x480, search his posts.

Why bother looking at Fuji cards? I'm sure they don't guarantee they will work flawlessly in a 602. Although it surprises me they haven't re-branded some of the faster cards and selected them to guarantee compatibility in the 602. I thought Fuji were into the other media cards and CF was not a format they'd formed dealer alliances for.

Still at least you're not locked into Sony sticks, and you have a choice to mix cards in both slots.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 11:26 PM   #12
SSD

Hi,
Thanks for all the info. I have decided to stay away from Fuji cards (Overpriced!) NewEgg is sold out of the Transcends so I will wait until they get some more in and use a SM card in the meantime.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2003, 4:51 PM   #13
djb

i just got a transcend 1G ultra 45x CF card the other day from memory on the move. only took 2 days from order to my mailbox. anyway, i tried the vga movie mode and it recorded for 10 minutes with no problems. so, i will assume, it will record the full 14 or so minutes without any problem. gee, for still pics how does one fill it up?? even in 6MP fine??

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 6:26 PM   #14

Sounds like a Microdrive??? It's not flash memory - different animal.
aero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 6:28 PM   #15
djb

yup!!! it's flash memory. compact flash.

dennis
Old Sep 16, 2003, 7:46 AM   #16

The first generation Sandisk Ultra CF card gives me 22 seconds of AVI before the buffer overloads. The Lexar Pro 40X CF 256 allows me to fill the card with one file. I can also shoot 6 megapixel shots about as fast as the camera will allow without any problems. On hot days (near 100 degrees) the camera and card will heat up if I use continuous shooting. I even got the camera to overheat and temporarily shut down once, with no apparent long term damage. In cold weather, this does not seem to be a problem.
Marty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 8:54 AM   #17

Quote:
or still pics how does one fill it up?? even in 6MP fine??
Shoot TIFF at about 17Mb per image - shouldn't take long!
Old Sep 16, 2003, 3:52 PM   #18
djb

voxmagna, that's funny!!! seriously, what does tiff give me over the least compressed jpg mode?

dennis
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:41 AM   #19

Hi, perhaps I misunderstood? I thought you were looking for the best way to fill up a card to test it and make sure it had no faulty sectors. The 602's uncompressed TIFF produces the biggest file, whereas the largest JPEG is only about 2.7 Mb, so you wouldn't need to be clicking for as long as say a 640x480 JPEG.

Does my reply make sense now in this context or misunderstanding? Have fun with your MD and don't worry about power - I get lots of shots on fully charged batts. VOX
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:40 PM   #20
djb

voxmagna, yes, it was a misunderstanding. i was just saying that the 1 gig CF cards hold so much it's hard for me to shoot that many pictures at one time. i usually shoot a bunch and then file them to hard drive and erase the CF card for another day. so, i was kind of being silly. and then when you mentioned the tif stting i thought you were being silly. sorry for the misunderstanding. but, really, other than file size, what does a tif file do for me that the lowest compressed jpg can't?

dennis