Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 8, 2003, 2:24 AM   #1
SSD

Default Another S602 question RE: Noise and CF card

I have another question RE: S602. I have had a horrible time deciding which digicam to get and I keep leaning towards the S602 and the Minolta S414. I like the extra zoom and manual focus on the s602 and I like the size of the S414. What are the noise levels like on the Fuji S602? How is the S602 on reproducing reds? I had read that the reds had and orange look to them.

2nd question - I have read a lot of reports about people having problems with CF cards in the S602. I am not in a position to buy a 1GB MD and was considering a Transcend 30X 512 MB CF from NewEgg.com at $119.00. Does anyone have any experience with this card in the S602?

Once again, Thanks for all of your help, these forums are wonderful!!!!!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2003, 5:40 AM   #2

I tried a friends card (512mb 30x transcend cf) in my camera (S602) and it ran perfectly. I tried it with photo's as well as full length vga video and it ran fine the whole through. This will be the card I buy.
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:08 AM   #3

Hiya,
I rarely get ANY problems with RED coming out orange. It happened twice ages ago, but I never figured out why. I did a flower shoot last week and all the reds were perfect. I'll put it up at www.pbase.com/digsys/ this weekend. I have a few 512MB and 1GB cards, Transend and Ridata. In several thousand shots, NOT 1 problem. Hope this helps.
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:41 PM   #4

jkirk.....Which manufacturer/type/speed is the 1Gb card?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:52 PM   #5
SSD

I finally made my S602 purchase! I bit the bullet and went on and got the IBM 1GB Microdrive. Googelgear.com had the card with PC Adapter for $190.00 and free 2nd day air shipping. I hope this is a good deal. I will post how this combo works when I am able to try it out.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
jkirk.....Which manufacturer/type/speed is the 1Gb card?
I've used a few different brands now (I'm lucky to be able to borrow them from a customer) and NONE have EVER given me a single problem. I own a Transend but the interesting one is a very old cheap 1X Sandisk I also borrow regularly. OK it's slow but has NEVER failed either, even though I'd never BUY Sandisk. I hope to be borrowing a 2GB soon. I think this CF issue is going to be stuck to us like an albatross :-)
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote