Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 6, 2005, 4:06 PM   #11

I have an older 2650 that said it only took up to 128MB xD, so I tried the 512MB out of my new camera, and it worked perfectly, allowing tons of pics. :lol:

Of course, if Smart Media is only made up 128MB, you cannot get more than that, and you can't use another format in that camera.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 7:27 PM   #12

Wow that is good news. I just ordered a S5100 and I'm hoping that it will be compatible with a 1GB xD card...I'm crossing my fingers! :-)
DanmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 5:09 AM   #13

It is. The S5500 is the same as the S5100 and the following chart says it can take the 1 gig cards.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ilityChart.pdf
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 3:54 PM   #14

sharpis wrote:
Quote:
Can some with a fuji 2800 tell me what brand 128mb smartmedia card there using just to be sure.
My current digital is a FujiFilm FinePix 2800 Zoom. It can only handle 2-128MB smartmedia cards. I have had fairly good luck with a Viking 128MB smartmedia card. But I am unable to delete data off of it when it is connected to the computer via USB. Then the card data gets corrupted for some reason. It seems to only function perfectly with my regular FujiFilm SmartMedia (don't feel like using a 8MB card though). Oh well, tis not a big deal.

And thanks for your answer Robbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DanmanX is offline   Reply With Quote