Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:58 PM   #11

Will Moverley wrote:
Quote:
Hey, just one thing Alex,

If you put the ipod drive in your cam, does it just hang on the loading image thing ( square box's rotating )

Thanks

Will
After about 3-4 sec of rotating boxes I get a "Card Error" warning, that's all.

I haven't found a CF logo on your drive's image:

http://www.savastore.com/prod_images...1_10283451.jpg

In case this drive is ATA/IDE only, it won't work in S9000/9500.

It does have a CF form and size, but it can use a true IDE interface only (basically it's just a tiny hard-drive without a proper CF firmware and may be hardware, but I'm just guessing here)
Alex

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:04 PM   #12

Yeh, same here Alex, cant see any CF information on the drive.

I guess its going back then..

Thanks for everyones help

Will
Will Moverley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:08 PM   #13

:?I have a 2.2Gb Magicstor CFII microdrive (Ebuyer). Unfortunately when I use it in my S9500 it drains the batteries at a phenominal rate (uniross 2300Nimh).

These batteries work ok if my fuji 128Mb XD is fitted without the CF card. Also the CF card takes so long to save that I have now removed it and will probably purchase a 512 Mb Xd as these are solid state and do not require the drive to be powered up at 4200rpm.
kevinverdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:32 PM   #14

Hi Kevin,

Sorry i cant help you there mate, i just couldnt get the 4gb one working so i ended up selling it to a mate for use with his PC.

I ended up buying a IBM 4gb instead, i have to agree with you that microdrives are quite slow !

My other issue, which is begining to anoy me is, if i take a set of pictures and then either put the microdrive in my CF reader on my Mac, or use the usb cable to take pictures from the card, when i come to use the microdrive again the s9500 tells me the car cant be used, untill i format it in the camera !

total pain in the ass !

I havent tryed this with a PC yet, only my Mac.

Regards

Will

Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:36 PM   #15

Will Moverley wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kevin,

Sorry i cant help you there mate, i just couldnt get the 4gb one working so i ended up selling it to a mate for use with his PC.

I ended up buying a IBM 4gb instead, i have to agree with you that microdrives are quite slow !

My other issue, which is begining to anoy me is, if i take a set of pictures and then either put the microdrive in my CF reader on my Mac, or use the usb cable to take pictures from the card, when i come to use the microdrive again the s9500 tells me the car cant be used, untill i format it in the camera !

total pain in the bottom !

I havent tryed this with a PC yet, only my Mac.

Regards

Will

I've been using a 2gb Hitachi drive in my S7000 for quite a while, I always download from the camera with the USB cableand not in card reader/computer and have never formatted the card, not even when it was new out of the box. I do use the Finepix software to download rather than relying on my XP computer'sauto download.Certainly your 4gb "IBM" is in reality a Hitachi as IBM never made one bigger than 1gb to the best of my knowledge.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:11 AM   #16

hey Clyde,

I figured what it was,

Basically, if i use either the card reader or USB cable on my Mac (OSX Tiger) the card becomes unreadable on the S9500, unless i format it in the camera.

If i use a card reader or usb on my XP Pc, the card works fine in the S9500, with no problems.

So, i looked at what the difference was, and when you put a card into a Mac, it writes some small files .DS_Store files etc.

If i remove these off the card (using XP) and then put it back in my S9500, its fine.

So the bottom line is, because my Mac writes these store files, the S9500 gets confused, and cant use the card unless its been formated.

Any Mac users know if theres a way to stop it writing these .DS files to my card?