Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:22 PM   #1
SSD

Default I love my S602!!!!

I just got my Fuji S602 and Canon A70 today! I love them both! The Fuji is a wonderful camera and I can't wait to learn more of the functions. I have basically been using it in point and shoot mode today. Using a 1GB MD card with no problems so far.
I am a total digital newbie and I do have some questions for all you S602 users. When shooting in the 6MP setting, it really took a long time to read images to the card and play them back. Is this normal? If you have any neat tips or advice, I would love to hear it.
Thanks! These forums have been so wonderful in helping me choose the cameras I was going to get.
Thanks!! :P
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:44 PM   #2

Sounds like you put it into 6MP HIGH mode. That is the TIFF file mode, 17-18mb each files. Change to 6MP FINE, and you won't hvae any more problems of slow wirte/read time.

BTW, also consider trying different sharpness settings. The NORMAL and HARD modes cause varoius distortions and/or degradations to the images. After testing, I have found teh SOFT settig to produce the highest quality images. I have performed a basic analysis on this, which you can find here:

http://www.linaeum.com/productinfo/d...602/index.html

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 9:52 PM   #3

SSD You really should have read my advice at www.proshooter.homestead.com before buying the 602.

You simply can't beat the performance of a Agfa cl18.
pro shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:11 PM   #4

Hey their proshooter, I reviewed your extremely informative site.

I was going to get rid of my s602 and get a DSLR in the not too distant future, but now I'm not even considering a DSLR. I'm selling my s602 and purchasing one of those awesome Afga pocket cameras after what I read on your site. I bet I'll get some awesom 16x20 prints from that! Thanks!

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Hey their proshooter
I'm surprised you're not using disposable cams and a scanner? The cost of ownership, including depreciation is pretty low compared to digicams. They come with flash, batteries and a lens! Unlike DSLR's!There's none of this focus/zoom/exposure/batteries/chargers/DOF or memory to worry about - just go (pro)shoot pics and stuff the film in the post!. Best of both worlds: prints everytime, and scans for the more pro edited 'digital' look. Make your pics. look like a 5 or 1 Mpix cam, in your pc without actually buying the digicam.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2003, 2:18 PM   #6

he's no pro

he should be using a pinhole camera

amazing pieces of kit
davebaird is offline   Reply With Quote