Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 16, 2003, 6:43 PM   #1
djb

Default more questions about s602

i just oredered a fuji s602. bought an epson 925 with it. anyway, i need to get the 55 to 55 mm adapter and want to use a filter for protection. so, which filter should i use? a Uv or skylite?? i will also
try some afocal astrophotography/astrovideography in the future. i want to use a bracket for sturdiness and safety so i don't have to rely on the 55 mm threads on the filter/adapter setup. i can't seem to find the 55 - 55 adapter in stock anywhere. doe anyone know who carries it and has it in stock? thanx in advance!!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2003, 7:21 PM   #2

i have the same camera and use a UV filter just for protection. Althou i'm quite new to alll of this someone else will probably give you different advice.

useful tiffen guide to their filters
davebaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 1:51 PM   #3

Some people say a skylite filter may have some subtle effect on color. I could not say, I have never used a skylite filter. I have always used UV filters, and it has 'virtually' no effect except for protecting the lens.

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:59 PM   #4
djb

i guess it's uv. i have used both in film photography. uv filters do very little and skylites do cut a bit more haze and blue light. i just
need it for protection so i'll go with uv. thanx all!!!

dennis
Old Apr 21, 2003, 8:56 PM   #5
djb

i'll be getting my s602 tomorrow. i was wondering if sound can be turned off while recording in any movie mode. is that possible?
if so, does it still record a sound "track" or not? thanx

dennis
Old Apr 22, 2003, 2:14 AM   #6

Default Sound in AVI

Sorry nope, can't be turned off. Maybe just put tape over the mic hole? It doesn't take up much space in memory anyway.
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 3:55 PM   #7
djb

oh well, the reason i ask is for astrovideo clips i want to make and it seems most imaging software won't load properly with sound in it. thanx!!!

dennis
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:21 PM   #8

Your original question has got convoluted because you didn't say why you didn't want sound.

Whilst it is true the 602 sound can't be turned off and sound is embedded in the AVI file, you could strip the audio in 'Virtual Dub' (Google for it) and re-save the AVI.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote