Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 29, 2006, 1:07 AM   #11

I just received my S9500 back exactly 4 weeks to the day that I sent it to Fuji in Sydney.So far everything is checking out OK and the Command Dial action does not seem any stiffer or different as I have noticed mentioned by others after repair.
The repair was replacement of the top case assembly.

Keeping my fingers crossedbut I agree with others that the numbers reported don't seem to indicate a dramatic failure of the S9500 considering the number of cameras that have been sold.:-)
yuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 2:03 AM   #12

I am part of the same Yahoo group as Joanie D and I am not the person who is on her 2nd send back, my camera which was purchased on the 6th of February in Brisbane Australia, just had the command dial stop working. It still feels as though it is working but nothing happens. My place of purchase has sent it back to Fuji for repair but they say it is a 4 to 6 week turnaround (I suspect this means I will be lucky to see my camera before 8 weeks). I have been onto our office of fair trading but I am afraid that I just have to wait.
I registered my camera by snail mail but had no reply to say that it was registered.
I have to admit I would not be happy with a glued part being put back into my new camera I would be demanding replacement.
WindyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 4:55 AM   #13

Registering Mail does not get you a return advice that it was received (though you can pay extra for that). Give Fuji a call - they didn't give a lot of information but did confirm that they received my camera (sent the same way as you) and quoted 4-6 weeks. Frustratingly long in my view but they were spot on with me getting it back 4 weeks to the day.
I can't believe they glue anything - that would not help Fuji in the long term. The advice says they repplaced the top case assembly so it seems they do not dismantle down to the level where they would glue a shaft. This repair seems consistent with what others have been saying on forums.
yuli is offline   Reply With Quote