Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 1, 2006, 1:17 PM   #1

i bougth my s9500 in february, and use it on regular basis, and i been taked wonderfull pictures with my camera, some general problems in the discussion of features for the s9500, but in general basis a great camera.

yesterday the command dial broke.

I live in ecuador, and when i buy it in the official resseler of fuji said that i got warranty, so tomorrow i will give him the camera to see if they can fix it.

But rigth now im looking lots of people with this probem, i think its a design / enginnering problem, the S/N of the camera is 61L00569, and I dont think its a problem of production to try figured out the dial problem by the S/N.

the damage looks exactly the same as nickphoto123 post:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=16&page=1

But the big problem is that i buy it here my country, ecuador, latin america, and im completly sure that in the entire country would be none technitian capable of fix that.

so this post became a diary of how i will try to fix that,

And also, i see lots of people with that problem, and i want to ask:

if when your cameras return from tech service return fine?
it was possible to fix the dial, under the warranty ?
And, once it became repair, it broke again?

as soon as i can i upload some pictures

olafo_hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2006, 2:33 PM   #2

Yep, my suspect was so predictable.

today morning i went to the official distributor for ecuador of Fuji, after explain my problem to a secretary, she put me in contact for a technician. None of the people of the offices of fuji believe that the camera just broke, they insist in other reasons for that, like trowing the camera, or being a toy for a kid, but i insist.

Later the Tech guy told me that in the hole country doesn´t exist the replacement part, and he will try to fixing the parts, gluing the axis to the cap, or trying to adapt from other cameras, of course the warranty service is s***t, if the original piece broke, imagine a glued one.

He will fix the camera for friday, lets see what happend.

But the scary thing are, that guy, dismantle the camera, fixing with glue, im afraid if he repair the command dial, and damage a sensor, the ccd, or whatever,

im afraid of my camera, i will continue talking the advances of the repair.

daniel.
Old May 3, 2006, 2:47 AM   #3

olafo_hell wrote:
Quote:
None of the people of the offices of fuji believe that the camera just broke
Thats easy fixed. Next time you talk to them give them a list of threads, both here and dpreview etc, of ALL the users who hav ehad the problem AND have had it FIXED under warranty. Make sure you print some IN CASE they suddenly can't get on to the Internet !!

olafo_hell wrote:
Quote:
Later the Tech guy told me that in the hole country doesn´t exist the replacement part, and he will try to fixing the parts, gluing the axis to the cap, or trying to adapt from other cameras, of course the warranty service is s***t, if the original piece broke, imagine a glued one.
Geeeezus ! Thats rubbish. I've sent, and Fuji Australia sent, parts to countries with far worse political / trade restricted borders. They're either lazy or NOT an official centre ... or just don't want to spend any $$ (WHICH they get reimbursed !!)

olafo_hell wrote:
Quote:
But the scary thing are, that guy, dismantle the camera, fixing with glue, im afraid if he repair the command dial, and damage a sensor, the ccd, or whatever,
im afraid of my camera, i will continue talking the advances of the repair.
Well, he shouldn't get to the CCD, unless he's an idiot, and SHOULD be pretty easy to replace. U would email Fuji JAPAN !! and tell them whats happened. Theres no way you should put up with that type of treatment (unless its politically accepted :-)) Let us know how you and if you need any help (part #s, contact #s etc)
JKirk

jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 6:00 AM   #4

JKirk, what a wonderful safety net you are on several forums! And I agree that this particular situation is not acceptable and Fuji Japan should be made aware. Fortunately my S7000 has had no issues up to this point, but knowing that your knowledge and expertise is around if I ever have a problem is very reassuring.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 9:30 AM   #5

I certainly wouldn't allow some joker to dismantle my camera to fix the command dial with glue. That isn't what I consider warranty support. I think it's time for you to contact Fuji. If you registered your camera you should have received an e-mail telling you how to contact them. Yes, it might take a little time to get the camera repaired. But from what I have seen in other threads, at least it was done correctly.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 2:19 PM   #6

Well, today i went to fujis repair centers and see my camera fix, that joker told me he just fix it, with acrilic, and its fine now, tomorrow he will deliver the camera to me.

The solution, he replace the original piece, casting in acrilic a new one, i dunno if it will work, but tomorow i will see.

of course he told me that i have to use the camera from now on carefully.

I sent emails to jufi trying to get a more technical service, i hpe they repply.

In the official fuji webpage, they appear the ESPARCI Ltd. as the official distributor for ecuador, and it was in deed, his waranty service suck.

I m serching around fuji´s webpage to register my camera but i didn´t find where i shoul do that, hope someone helpme on that.

Tomorrow i recieved my camera back, i´m anxious to see if that technician dont droke anyting else,

i will keep posted

daniel.
Old May 19, 2006, 6:08 PM   #7

In response to your questions.......I would just be happy if I had gotten my camera back from fuji service repaired.....I got back the same way I sent it "broken"

The camera was only 4 months old.

I dont think they even look at the command dial which I clearly indicated on the repair formthat it was broken...

Fuji had better get on the ball! They had 3 weeks and now it had to go back probably for another 3 weeks I guess. :?:?:?

I dont understand why they would build just a great camera and then use materials that could so easily break. penny wise pund folish

Jim

jamcrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 9:08 PM   #8

I am on a Yahoo group with other users of this camera and one member is having to have a SECOND camera repaired due to this same problem. It took her quite a long time to get the camera back the first time and she is understandably unhappy about having to do this again.

Joanie D.

Mainer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 10:32 AM   #9

There are postings all over the place about this problem but don't know of any at Yahoo so please tell us which group you are referring to.
Thanks and regards.
dgosden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 10:49 AM   #10

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fujifi...ixS9000_9500z/

That is the group that I am a member of.

Joanie D.
Mainer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote