Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:52 AM   #21

Have you tried other than "auto" mode ?
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:54 AM   #22

What camera are you using ?
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:10 AM   #23

MikeC:

If your questions are directed to me, the answers are Yes and S9000. I shoot mostly in Manual mode and even there, the viewfinder/LCD display automatically brightens or darkens depending on the amount of light in the scene (where the camera is pointed). If you know a way to lock the display or make it be tied to the exposure settings I'ld love to know. I've scoured the owner's manual but haven't found anything about locking the viewfinder exposure, only how to change the brightness (through the Menus).
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:54 AM   #24

A linear polarizer will work just fine with the 9500/9000 as well as the 5200/5600. I have a 9000 and a 5100 and have used a linear polarizer on both of them. The filters helped me get some very nice flyover pictures of Mount McKinley in Alaska last summer on my 5100. And I was able to get some very nice photos of the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming this year with my 9000. Because the EVF and the LCD both seem to adjust to brightness automatically, it makes using a polarizer of any sort of little more difficult because you have to watch very closely to decide where the polarizer filter has its optimum effect. As a solution (?), I will often just rotate the filter 1/4 of a turn and take another picture. Then I can choose the best one when I'm back on my computer.

Many polarizer filters have a mark on the ring of the filter. I remember reading instructions once that indicated that that mark should be pointed toward the sun for maximum effect of the filter.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote