Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 5, 2006, 3:30 AM   #1

Hi there,

my S9500 macro isn't good, i mean even the super-macro. i thought if i took a shot of a flower or a butterfly then the details will be shown clearly. but it usually turns out un clear orblurry. *look at the flower shot below*

do i have to change the settings in it to make it better, or do i have to use a tripod ?

and i would also like to get a new lense for my cam. i need it for MACROonly and for very very close-up shots but not a veryexpensive one, which one would you recommend me to get ??

thanks alot
Attached Images

sanad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 11:37 AM   #2

Well, it worked or me.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16

How close was the lens from the flower?

I think you have to experimentsome more, until you get a good result. Don't write it off just yet. It takes time to get used to it.

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 1:52 PM   #3
Administrator

sanad wrote:
Quote:
do i have to change the settings in it to make it better, or do i have to use a tripod ?
In that lighting, I'd suggest a tripod, unless you want to increase ISO speed higher than ISO 400 (where it was shot at).

Your shutter speed was only 1/20 second for that photo.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 5:03 PM   #4

I love taking Macro shots but I've always found it quite tricky with all my cameras and the S9500 is no exception. It's certainly recommended to use a tripod but I guess this isn't always possible. The manual suggests changing the focus to Multi - I haven't tried this yet but it's worth a go if you are experiencing problems. The S9500 is certainly capable of very high quality shots, I've seen them posted elsewhere. I've had some success and here are a few thatI took (both hand held). I'll leave you to decide whether you think they are good or not.
Attached Images

vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 5:05 PM   #5

And the second one...
Attached Images

vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 10:36 AM   #6

vrem! , ur shots are quite good with the macro. i'll try to use tripod next time and i'll show you how it looks like

Thanks alot for helping
sanad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 4:33 PM   #7

sanad wrote:
Quote:

...i need it for MACROonly and for very very close-up shots but not a veryexpensive one, which one would you recommend me to get ??
Most definitely you should use a tripod whenever you can, it gives you more freedom composing a static shot and eliminates a camera shake.

This was taken with a camera mounted on a tripod with a small table lamp for lighting:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...old9/test1.jpg

As for lenses you can get a set of close-up lenses, just go for multi-coated ones (Hoya or similar), for better quality go for Raynox DCR-250. For links and samples look here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=50

HTH,

Alex
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 1:00 PM   #8

I wonder if you just need to keep working at it. The image I am sharing near once taken with my 9000. I like it. But every image isn't a winner. I took over 50 macro shots, and found 8 that were pretty good. I'm not the best at macro photography, but I'm trying to improve. My first several attempts were complete disasters. But now I'm getting at least a few that are sort of what I want.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote