Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 17, 2006, 10:09 AM   #1

Hi,

I just want to say everyone that has help me in the past, I am very grateful and it has helped me alot.

I have one more question at the minute and that is what settings should I put my s9500 at if I am going to a concert and want to take close up shots of a performer.

Thanks amanda

p.s. has anyone taken a shot of the moon that you can post?
inadhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2006, 11:09 AM   #2

Hi Inadhaze,
Your best bet, if you are still unfamiliar with all the functions, would be to leave the camera in Auto mode. That way it would do all the thinking for you and you'd be left to enjoy the performance.

kefln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 3:43 PM   #3

Hi, Amanda.

For a concert, as Kefln said, put your camera in Auto mode and Auto ISO, Auto focus and try not to use a very long zoom settings, or put your camera in Natural light mode - this will put it in Auto ISO as well for you. Try to use something to support your camera to avoid a camera shake (a back of a seat, monopod, tripod). Switch off camera sound (shutter volume and beep volume)and an AF illuminator light in the menus - you wouldn't want to annoy people around you with beeps and bright green light :-)and enjoy a performance.

The most important thing - have fun with your camera.

As for the moon shot. This is not the best shot possible for sure, but I don't have a better one right now .

Manual mode, manual focus, ISO100, 1/125sec, F5.6, zoom at 300mm + digital zoom, self-timer, tripod.

Best wishes,

Alex
Attached Images

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 4:47 PM   #4

Hi,

Hope ya don't mind but I thought i'd mess around with ya moon and see what it looks like, hope you like it.

Amanda x
Attached Images

inadhaze is offline   Reply With Quote