Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:31 PM   #1

Default Anyone Know About the S602Z's Replacement?

I have had an S602Z Backordered for a few weeks now, and I'm wondering whether I should keep the order at $550 after shipping, or cancel it and wait for the replacement.

All I have gotten is a microdrive and some batteries/charger, so I'd anticipate they'd work with the next model. Does anyone have any idea when the model is due out, or where there might be information on it?

Having a digicam would be nice, but I'd rather not have it for one more trip (where a film camera would do just fine) than find the price drops a few hundred bucks soon after I buy it, or have the next latest and greatest model available at the price I will pay for the "outdated" model.

Thanks for your input on my mini dillema.

Jeremy
airplanenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:06 PM   #2

Take a Look at This
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=4594730
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:22 PM   #3

I wouldn't be optimisitic about a 602 replacement unit in the next couple of months. The way things look, maybe in the fall season. Of course, this is all just speculation! Their could be a sudden release next week! Anything is possible. :-)

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2003, 11:33 PM   #4

Suppose it did come out in Julyish... would that mean I could shell out a little more for the new model, or the 602's price would plummet? Or, is the 602's price solid or going up for a long enough time that I should just keep with the order? My budget will be dented with this camera, so I don't want to just miss a better deal.

Jeremy
Old Apr 27, 2003, 9:11 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE>If you read some of the post on the link I provided you will see a July date mentioned. If you check my post http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9362 one could realize that maybe the 602ís day is over and because the shops that have them know this and they are getting the high prices for them.

On other post I have read about what people would like to see on the replacement I would like to see better low light focusing (focus assist light), lower F stop setting, and a better auto/manual focus system. I wonder what the pixel rating will be? Likely a 6, I would guess using their new technologies.

Wait for July? That would be a hard call to make. For me I will wait until the replacement for the ďreplacementĒ to come out. I love my 602 and have learned how to work around itís limitations.

Good Luck
</BLOCKQUOTE>
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 4:07 PM   #6

Quote:
I love my 602 and have learned how to work around itís limitations.
That's good advice, when often you find the new models come with a new set of limitations. Often some things get better - but others regress! So waiting 2 generations isn't a bad thing.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 4:17 PM   #7

I emailed Fuji asking if they could send me any info they may have as to pricing in the US and features- I just don't want to find myself with not access of the 602 if the new camera is priced to high, likewise, I don't want to pay $200 extra when the new model comes out for the 602, or for the new model. The price went up $90 from when I was ready to order and when I did order a few days later
Old Apr 28, 2003, 3:28 PM   #8

Here's what Fuji said:
------------------------
Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm USA. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please be advised at this time we do not have an successor to the FinePix S602 digital camera.

Please be advised that we do not have any information regarding any future models that have not yet been introduced. If any new units are introduced, a Press Release will be posted on www.fujifilm.com &lt;http://www.fujifilm.com>

Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm digital cameras.

Respectfully,
Digital Imaging Website Technician
Digital Agent 167
Technical Help Desk
Consumer Information Service Center
Corporate Communications Division
Fuji Photo Film, USA
------------------------------------

So does this mean I should just go ahead with the order? Eeeeek!!!