Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 25, 2006, 5:30 PM   #1

Hi I am pretty new at photography. I got a Finepix 700 and really liked the size of that camera and the quality of the photos. However I wanted a larger zoom (but did not want to go into SLR or separate lenses) so got a 5200. My question is the flowers I take as a hobby seem to be good with both cameras. I am wondering if on macro the 5200 is better or whether it matters. Of course the 700 is easier to take with me in my pocket. I make cards with the printed photos. Here is a sample I took yesterday. This is with the 5200. Thank you.
Attached Images

Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2006, 8:37 AM   #2

I like the picture very much. I find it a bit tricky to do macros with the 5200/5600. If I go to near (5-10cm)most of the times itblinks the AF! in red. I guess it depends on the light. How far away were you from the flower? Can you please post some exif data on that pic?
akebono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 6:54 PM   #3

Hi - I don't know how to post the data or even what it means. The exposure time is 1/350, Shutter 1/367, F-stop f/3.20, ISO speed 200, Focal length 10.80 mm. Hope this helps. I have only taken photos on automatic but with the macro setting. I'm glad you like it. Thanks.
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:48 PM   #4

wow its great and at ISO 200 its great!! my s5100 starts to show noise at ISO 200
archish is offline   Reply With Quote