Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:25 AM   #11

thanks!

would circle filters be more compact to carry around?
carsightings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 2:21 AM   #12

"would circle filters be more compact to carry around?" - yes, if you only have 2 or 3 filters. If you are planning to buy more filters, then a square filter system will be more compact and cheaper. With digicam you actually don't need many filters, because you can correct the colours and add most of the effects in your image editing program. The only filter that is very difficult to replicate in PP is a polarizer.

"It seems that my pics are blurry when i take them with my cam aimed away from the sun in a bright and well exposed area. The end result is a slightly overexposed and slighty blurred picture." - IMHO filters won't help you in this situation. Check you camera settings and try to use a single-point AF and a spot meterig, also check the ISO settings. Low ISO + relatively slow shutter speed can lead to blurred pics due to camera shake or subject movement in low light areas. Another possible reason is exposure compensation set to a positive value.

Cheers

PS. http://www.fotofilm.co.il or http://www.camera.co.il - give them a call and ask for prices

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:31 AM   #13

I agreed that filters will not help make your pictures sharper. It might be that the way you have your autofocus set the direction of the light could be confusing the camera. I have not used the filters that I referred you to since I switched to digital photography. As algold has already mentioned, you can replicate the effect of many filters through effective use of your photo editing software. Perhaps just more practice with your camera will help alleviate the focusing problems you are experiencing.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:40 PM   #14

last question do i need to get a holder for circle filters? or is that only for square ones?

thanks.
carsightings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 5:01 PM   #15

Circular filters are threaded, and screw right into the front of your camera lens. The only time you would need an adapter would be to contact the filters that was not 58 mm. The only reason I showed you the square filters is because, from the way you described what you wanted to do, I thought you might like to get a few of the specialty filters. But if you are going to buy circular filters just make sure they are 58 mm and they will fit your camera and you will not have to worry about any kind of an adapter.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:12 AM   #16

@algold

Thx for the information :idea:
cypher666 is offline   Reply With Quote