Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 3, 2006, 6:59 AM   #1

i got my fuji s9500 a few weeks ago and i love it. however i want to attach some filters. i want filters that make the sky red,blue and maybe gray. i would like to get about 3-4 filters. the thing is can i fit them to my fuji s9500? if yes which ones do i need to get?

thanks.
carsightings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:58 AM   #2

Any 58mm filter will fit your camera. To enhance sky colours you will need a polarizer, blue graduated and ND (neutral density) graduated filters can also help a lot. Not sure what you mean by the red sky - an IR (infra red) filter? You can get ordinary round filters or you can buy a filter holder for square filters (Cokin or other system).

HTH,

Alex
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:22 PM   #3

i see you live in israel i also live in israel (hertzliya). do you know of a store where i can get them?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 1:30 PM   #4

Hi,

you can order them from any local photo store, it will take a week or two to arrive.

I've heard about a good photo store in Hertzliya, but don't know the exact address.

Or you can try fotofilm.co.il or camera.co.il - both stores are on Allenby st. (Tel-Aviv).

You will need a Cokin filter holder (Cokin A series will do just fine), 58mm adapter ring, I would recommend a modular hood as well and the filters themself.

BTW, I'm from Beer-Sheva.

Cheers,

Alex
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 3:10 PM   #5

and what filters should i get?

can you give me links?

btw how much will 2-5 filters and the housing cost?

Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:52 PM   #6

I have used a few of the Cokin filters in the past, but haven't been motivated to try them with my digital cameras yet. I think it is a pretty good system. Here is one link, and I'm sure if you do a Web search you can find others as well.

http://www99.shopping.com/xDN-photog...filters~V-grid
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 5:43 PM   #7

I also have a question about this matter.

It seems that my pics are blurry when i take them with my cam aimed away from the sun in a bright and well exposed area.

"The end result is a slightly overexposed and slighty blurred picture.

I know this can't be a cam related problem because when i take a pic INTO the direction of the sun ( you know the kinds of photo's where everything turns dark when you aim them into the sun ), the image sharpness is then also way and way better.

woulda filter fixthis problewm? : O

cypher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:49 AM   #8

jphess wrote:
Quote:
I have used a few of the Cokin filters in the past, but haven't been motivated to try them with my digital cameras yet. I think it is a pretty good system. Here is one link, and I'm sure if you do a Web search you can find others as well.

http://www99.shopping.com/xDN-photog...filters~V-grid

there are lots of differant things there. can you give me a link to a spesific product?

also what is the differance between square filters and circle filters?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:52 PM   #9

will both circle and square filters work on my camera?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:14 PM   #10

It's kinda difficult to tell you exactly what to buy. It might be a good idea for you to visit a camera shop and tell the salesman what you want to do so that he can demonstrate the different options to you.

If you want to make the sky darker, you might want to consider purchasing a graduated blue filter. This type of filter is blue on one edge, and gradually becomes clear by about half way across the filter. There is also a "neutral density" graduated filter that doesn't change the collar but helps darken either the top or bottom half of the picture depending on how you mount the filter. There are graduated filters available in just about any color. You are not limited to graduated filters. The Cokin filter system is quite extensive. A dealer should have a catalog showing the filters that are available and the effect they create.

The square filters will work on your camera. All you have to do is purchase a 58 mm filter holder that is available at the same place and where you buy the filters. The adapter screws on to the front of your lens, and then you simply slide the filter into the adapter.

One of the advantages of using a square filter system is that when you purchase a new camera that has a different filter size, all you have to do is purchase a new filter holder and you can continue using all of the same filter say you have collected. The filters are large enough that they will work on just about any size lens that is available.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote