Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:20 AM   #1

Hi everyone, long time since i posted anything on this forum. been busy bringing up kids instead. anyways looking to buy either an F11 or an F30 but really can't get it into my brains on what the differences are. anyone?? which one is preferable in what instances? appreciate any help i can get here.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:42 AM   #2

Don't know much about these cams, but F30 has a higher ISO (up to 3200) - don't know how usable though, higher resolution LCD and a new intelligent flash. Also there are new Super CCD and Real Photo Processor II.

HTH
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:58 PM   #3

there was a time when this forum was full of people helping each other in replying to their queries. sadly, there is anyone active here nowdays or willing to share opinions.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:59 PM   #4

The F30 has manual controls similar to the F11, EV control on the back of the cam for easy use, intelliflash, nice easy shape to handle, ISO 3200, but 1600 and 800 are very useable. The battery, while not the same as the F10 or 11 is also good for 500 plus shots. There are scene modes (more than the F10) and the camera is easy to learn to use, but will take some time to get the hang of. Many are setting the LCD at -3 to get an accurate representation of what you will get after the shot. Macro is very good, flash is very good, lens may have a different coating than the F11, the LCD is* brighter. Pics are sharper and some do not like that, I do. I can be great outdoors as well as at night, but you need to get the hang of it in the bright sunlight. A very nice cam.
guitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:26 PM   #5

I agree with guitone, getting the most out of the Fuji F-30, even if you are experienced, takes a bit of time. The F-30 is more like the F-11 than the F-10. Personally I like the sharpness, and am in general very please with my F-30.

If you have specific questions, I am sure there are enough active people on the Forum to help.As for me, while I am usually here, I just got back from 3 months of doing workshops in Europe. So please feel free to ask.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:30 PM   #6

http://www.newtale.eu/bis/index.php/...ask/view/id/24
plop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:24 PM   #7

Here is a photo that shows the real difference between the F-10 and the F-30. Note the sharpness, the contrast, and even exposure.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:51 AM   #8

IMO F 11, better build , stronger lcd screen nicer to hold , The 3200 iso in the F30 is not very good imo unusable ,returned the f 30 kept the f 11 , just my pennys worth though .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote