Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 6, 2006, 4:54 AM   #1

I'm a professional photographer or better said I used to be one but had a career change some years ago ... anyways, recentely I bought my S9500 and this is the first digital cam I purchased ... just to be frank, I didn't buy until now because I thought the price and quality of the cams didn't reflect my wishes ...

Ok, so now I bought the S9500 as an entry model and I don't want to cary around to much lenses ... but to the point now ...

memory ... normally the S9500/S9000 use xD or CF but I bought an adaptor to be able to use SD memory and it works fine. But how can I test the speed of the memory?

xD is faster than CF and this is probably faster than SD or am I wrong ... I know all about how to make a good pic but memory is not in my knowledge base yet ...
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2006, 9:45 AM   #2

As far as I know, there really isn't that much to test. Take a picture, and see how long it takes for the LED to switch off. I think you will find that, regardless of which media you use, your 9500 isn't going to be a speed demon when saving files. The only suggestion I can give is that if you decide to use CF cards, don't waste your money on the "high speed" ones. The camera has no technology to take advantage of the extra capability of those cards.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:29 PM   #3

jphess-

I tried a 1gb type H XD card in my S-9000 today and it did not want to recognize it. The 1gb type M XD card works just fine.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:52 PM   #4

I have a 1 Gb H xD card in it too ... no probs of recognizing, firmware 1.02

Than I have a 2Gb SD card in it with an adaptor CF-> SD, I have a 140X 1Gb CFC card also, they all work and I probably should believe the sales guy that said it wouldn't really matter if I use SD, CF or xD I just would feel it in the pocket ...
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote