Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 6, 2006, 8:41 AM   #1

I have a Fuji S-7000, and would like to know if the lens can be filtered to achieve the same effects as with my film camera, or is this a process done only with software?
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2006, 8:54 AM   #2

Filters work the same way as intended, more or less. The results may differ slightly from an image recorded on film due to the nature of the CCD sensor but filter usage is still the same idea.
THE_LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 9:53 AM   #3

I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression in your previous thread. Filters will work pretty much the same way on digital cameras as they did on film cameras. What I probably didn't make clear in the other thread is that filters are probably (in my opinion) not as popular with digital cameras because it is POSSIBLE to achieve many of the same effects with software if you want to take the time to learn how to do it. But the principle is basically the same; light passes through the lens and is recorded. In one instance, it is recorded on film. In the other instance, it is recorded on a CCD and written to a file. So your challenge is to decide what effects you need and then find the filters that will do the job.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:36 PM   #4

I suppose my next question is, does Fuji sell polarizing, or other filter types for my S-7000? If not, are there other sources of filter material, or should I jury-rig my camera with what I have?
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:49 PM   #5

I don't recall seeing any filters listed as accessories on the Fuji website. There really isn't any special consideration for your camera. A filter is a filter. All you need to do is know the correct diameter (for my S9000 that is 58 mm) and then know what filters you want. You can purchase them at any local camera store, or you can search for online stores. I purchased the UV and the polarizer filter for my camera from the local Ritzcamera outlet, and they work just fine.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:38 AM   #6

I have the S7000, you will have to buy a tube that mounts on the front of the camera over your lens. I forgot the proper name of the tube, I'm not at home right now. But anyway once you have the tube you should be able to use any 55mm filter. I use the Cokin filter products and alsouse the screwonpolarizing filter, to be honest I have used all of the filters that I had for my old Canon AE-1... They all work fine on my camera..
dbrown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:26 AM   #7

I have a S7000 too. I use a Bower tube that goes to 52mm. Perhaps Steve's digicam or anyone one could tell us where a 55 to 55 mm tube( that CAN fit into our S7000) can be purchased ?

Thanks.

patktl
patktl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:44 PM   #8

Hello, I have a s7000 and I brought my tube at this website:

http://www.camerafilters.com/

Its about the cheapest place around
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:55 PM   #9

Let me also add, once you get to the site go all the way down to Equipment and Accessories and the part your are looking for is Adapter tube. Then look for Fuji Digital Cameras I think the tubes goes for about $14 which will allow a standard size 55mm filters to be used. You can get this tube either in Black or Aluminu

I hope this helps