Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 11, 2003, 6:45 AM   #1

Default Where did you buy your s602?

After way too much time spent researching, I've finally decided to buy the s602. The only problem is I have no idea where to purchase it from. My local Best Buy and Fry's are selling it for $699, which after reading some of the other posts on this board, seems way too much. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, a couple last minute questions before I buy:
1. I'm interested in also purchasing an IBM Microdrive but have only heard of the 1GB version. Do these cards come in smaller sizes? What are the current average prices for these cards?
2. Has anyone purchased a wide angle lens for this camera? What are your experiences with it?
3. Before I decided to buy this camera, I was researching the Canon G3. I was just wondering if anyone here would be able to convince me that The Canon G3 is the better camera and I am better off buying it instead of the s602.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I'm buying this camera as a replacement for my old Sony DSCP50. Has anyone else owned this camera before? How much of a quality difference will I be seeing after I buy my s602, when compared with my P50?

P.P.S. Thank you everybody for making this board so useful! I've found so much great information here in these boards!
aguado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2003, 10:50 AM   #2
SSD

I purchased my 602 from www.bhphotovideo.com for $569.00.
No tax and shipping is around $10.00. Price upped to $599.00 recently.
This is an awesome camera. I have a 1GB microdrive I got at www.googlegear.com for $189 with a PCMCIA type II adaptor with free 2nd day air shipping. There are smaller microdrives, but I have heard they are not so great.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 8:09 PM   #3

I purchased my S602 from www.newegg.com

for 569.00 with free shipping but it has since gone up to 605.00 :roll:
LazyCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 11:36 PM   #4

anyone have any ideas on why the price for this camera keeps going up?
aguado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 11:43 PM   #5

I don't know if you have a circuit city where you live or not but I bought my s602z from them last month for $549....

Ernie
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 10:18 PM   #6

I recently took indoor pictures during the day--I was fighting a big picture window. I took pictures facing away from the window and set the flash up, but the pictures came out a little dark. Can anyone tell me if I fit a flash into the hot shoe would this have brightened the picture?

Can anyone recommend a flash that would fit the hotshoe?

Thanks
mikbow
mikbow is offline   Reply With Quote