Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:42 AM   #1

Hi

I am trying to decide between the F30 and S5600/S5200 (UK/US) and really can't decide between the 2 - although I am confident that either one would be a good purchase for my needs.

The camera needs to perform ina fewmain areas. I am going travelling soon and so it needs to be fairly easily transportable; I'll be takign pics of scenery etc and so the view finder and x10 optical zoom of the S5600 fits the bill.

BUT I also take photos of friends bands at pubs / on stage etc. The light is always very low (despite the stage lights) and so I need a camera to really deliver on low light occassions. This is primarily why I have been considering the F30. (I get farily near the stage so the x3 zoom would be ok)

I'm completely confused as to which one to get. From what I can see the F30 has the edge on image performance; but I'm thinkign the S5600 has an ISO of 1600 so would be good for low light too?

Both deliver on being point and click with a few manual over-rides which is what I want.

Any advice most gratefully received - I'm too confused!

may78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:21 AM   #2

The thing is that there is currently no other point&shoot digicam that can compare with the Fuji F10/F11 in terms of noise levels. (Excluding the Sony R1, which is a freak and not worth taking into this discussion) Reading this review on dcresource ( http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu...ix_f30-review/ ) it seems that the F30 is going to be at least as good as its two older brothers. So, if I were you, I'd go for the Fujifilm F30 as you have to use ISO800/ISO1600 when taking pictures of concerts like that and the S5200 just can't level the performance of the F30.
Also, if you live in the US you can take advantage of that 50$ rebate which brings the whole price of the F30 well under 300$.
This having been said, you should have posted this thread in the 'Which camera should I buy' forum and not in the Fujifilm forum.
Anyway, enjoy your new camera!
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:13 AM   #3

The poster's question might now be a dead issue with Fuji's announcement yesterday (07/13) of the S-6000, which will use the F-30 imager coupled to a S-9000's lens.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:14 AM   #4

Inadvertent double post. I apologize.

MT

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote