Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 14, 2003, 6:59 AM   #1

Default buying s602 - any Australians out there

hey all,

i am looking at buying an s602, the best price i can find in australia is for $1120 AUD, about $720 US. anyone else in australia here that has bought one recently and what sort of price did you pay, where?

The price i got was from www.centre.net.au Has anyone else ever dealt with them before?

Thanks in advance.
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2003, 9:19 AM   #2

Default Re: buying s602 - any Australians out there

Note that the 'best price' is actually a duty free price, so you'll have to be going overseas to be able to get it. Normal price they've listed is $1270, which is still around the best I've seen here.

Best in Singapore was Sin$1120.
jb0767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2003, 3:59 PM   #3

Beam up to [email protected], he takes his 602 apart each night before going to bed! Tell him VOX sent you, I'll PM his email if your switched on for PM's
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 1:54 AM   #4

Got my S602 two weeks ago at Harvey Norman for $1300aus with extra two years warranty. Also picked up a adapter tube at Fletchers for $50aus. Also ordered some powerex batteries and Maha charger C204F at, http://www.nznature.co.nz for $70aus. Ordered a 512MB Ridata CF at www.powerinnumbers.com.au
Cheers
vince
vlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 5:25 AM   #5

vlai, how did the ridata CF card go, did you have any problems with recording video, one of the best features on this camera is the video and i think i would use it a lot, yet i have read about the problems with CF cards being too slow, and that a microdrive is the best solution for this. can you fill the card with video without any problems or does it cut out after a 20 - 30 secs?

My local harvey norman has it advertised for $1500 at the moment. (i'm sure i could haggle them down a bit, that extra warranty would be good!)

Thanks vox for introducing me to [email protected], he was glad to answer any questions i had.
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 8:23 AM   #6

HI Gnome,
The Ridate 512Mb CF card is great, used it straight out of the box, no problems. Wife has been using the video on the kid, no problems at all, she has no complains so far. I mainly use it for pics.

Harvey Norman does match prices and it also depends on the sales staff. Bargaining is the best way to get the best price.
vlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 7:42 AM   #7

Default Aussie Shane

Mate I bought the s602z in Sydney on a trip in April 2003 and got the camera, a $100 bag, Batteries and charger $90, 132mb card $130 and some free development from Homezone 421A George st Sydney. The lot cost me $1400 total cost. I can haggle and it was the best I could get at the time. I can't remember the blokes name, Rafi or something like that. It has been a great camera.

Shane
Frols is offline   Reply With Quote