Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1

Hi to you all, just to inform you that im one of those persons that my fuji s9500 command dial just fail to work, i took it for repairs yesterday at fuji Malta they told me they know about the fault and they will repair it imediatley, i keep you posted guys....ah i wonder if anyone couls help me i need to buy a remote cord and a flash gun not too expensivebut good can anyone please suggest me an online shop that ships to Malta Europe. i appriciate a lot your help. thanks

Joanne from Malta

e-mail : [email protected]
Trussardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:01 PM   #2

Hi can anyone help me, i need to have a larger zoom is it possible to do an extension zomm to the one there is on the camera? and if yes can you tell me where i can buy from.

Thanks Joanne
Old Jul 22, 2006, 1:43 PM   #3

T-Con & Rayonex both make extension telephoto lenses that they claim are made for the S9000/9500. But Fuji has replied to e-mail inquiries stating that they do not recommend using them. They said that, although they have not had any reports of problems, the lens was not designed to accommodate the extra weight of an extension add-on lens. Have you tried the digital zoom? My experience has been that it is really quite good.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:05 PM   #4

Hi jphess

Thanks for your kind reply, and help.

I did try the digital zomm but the problem is that the camera has to be on a tripod cause if not you will not get good photos so sometimes when im taking photos at a concert or fashion is not always possible to have the tripod :-( but i will try these two that you have suggested me and i thank you once gain for your kind help.

Thanks Joanne

Malta

Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:37 PM   #5

That is not the fault of the digital zoom. That is true of any telephoto pictures that you take. A general rule to follow for handheld photography is that your shutter speed should be 1/focal length. Following that rule, using the standard optical zoom with a focal length of 300 mm, your handheld shutter speed at full zoom should be 1/300 on a second. And if you use the digital zoom at full length of 600 mm, your handheld shutter speed would be 1/600 of a second. And I might add that these are the minimum recommended shutter speeds. So my feeling is that even if you get the extension lens you are going to encounter the same problem. When you zoom in on a subject, not only is the subject magnified, but so is any camera movement. That means that at 600 mm on digital zoom any movement that you make as you take the picture will be magnified 20 times. And, as I said, an extension lens will not eliminate that problem. Maybe you should have chosen a camera that has image stabilization (?).
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:41 PM   #6

Hi again,

You are right 100%, and i will take your advise when i have the camera back from repairs :-( thanks,as my command dial fail to work, also the fuji S9500 had image stabilizer and it does work but as you might know like that the camera is like automatic :-( and i like to take fully manual, cause if i take fully auto its the camera that is doing the job and not me ;-)

Joanne
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:29 PM   #7

Yes but it isn't the same kind of image stabilization that other cameras have. All it is in your camera is a mode that chooses a faster shutter speed. It is not optical image stabilization as some other cameras have.

I had to send my camera to the repair shop as well. My USB port fell inside the camera. So I'm back to using my S5100 for about three weeks. I have one of those USB cable releases that Fuji sells, and I guess I was a little rough on the port. Looks like I'm going to have to modify my shooting habits.