Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:39 PM   #1

I recently went on vacation and was photographing alpine flowers. I had to change the batteries just as I got up the mountain. When I got home and loaded my photos into Elements Organizer I could only find half my photos. Finally after much investigation I noticed the date the missing photos were taken was in January 2005. I did not even have the camera then. It turns out that these photos have installed at the very beginning of my over 2000 photos because of the date. When reading the manual it says something about the date and changing the batteries in small print. I don't really understand what they mean. Does the date revert to factory date every time the batteries are changed?? Does this make sense - could someone help me please. Thanks.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2006, 2:10 PM   #2
Administrator

The camera should retain the time/date during battery change. Most will hold this info up to 4-8 hours without batteries. But I guess now you know it's a good idea to do a quick check of the time/date after a battery change :roll:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 2:20 PM   #3

Thanks Steve. It was just a couple of minutes I didn't have batteries in but now Iwill know to look. There is soooo much to learn. I wish I had not waited until I was a senior to start this hobby! (Memory problem - you know!)

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote