Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:55 AM   #1

when i point and put the sun in right side of the picture almost close to the right edge on the LCD screen (and on EVF) appear a black horizontal line like in the simulated attachament. When i look oon the picture take, is ok, no black line...
it happens just when i put the sun in the same side of the pictures, even i turn the camera upside down.
this is a fault of the sensor?
Attached Images

mariuseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:15 AM   #2

Mine does something similar to that. I don't believe it is a CCD problem because it doesn't appear in the final photograph. I think it is, rather, the inability of the LCD and the EVF to handle that intensity of light. It doesn't happen on all of my attempts at that type of photography, only occasionally. I don't think it is something to worry about, and I don't think Fuji would warranty such behavior.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:42 PM   #3

maybe... but it appear just in the right edge... i think that should appear in every edge. I try to focus on the black line (focus cross to bbe over the black line), in many cases work good, like it isn`t there, sometimes i get a green lcd with a focus error and a burned white picture.
You get that in the right side too?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:58 PM   #4

Yes, I get all sorts of strange behavior when trying to shoot into the sun. Like I said, I simply consider in the inability of the LCD and the EVF to handle the bright light. If you are more concerned than I am, you might consider writing to Fuji and asking them if it is normal to see this type of behavior. Personally, I'm not that worried about it.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 1:03 AM   #5

I shoot a movie with the camera. and this time the black line was captured on it.
So, I thin that in not am LCD or EVF problem with bright light, I think is a CCD problem, the line is captured by sensor.
I attached a snapsoot from this movie...
I will write to Fuji to see what is happening.

Any sugestions?
Attached Images