Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:13 PM   #1

Please help. What do you think is the problem? Everytime I take pictures, all I get are blanks. And when I download them to my computer, these blank pictures are just all white like sheets of bond paper. This just happened recently, after I used the Macro feature. I tried differnet settings, manual and others., I even took out the batteries, and reset to factory settings. Nothing happened. I know the CF is not the problem because I used different ones and even used XDs, but the problem is still the same.

Please help. I love this camera.

Thank you.
Orientdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:48 AM   #2

Sounds like overexposure. I experienced the same results recently with my S9000. I hadn't realized that my previous shooting session had left the aperature too wide and shutter speed too slow for what I was shooting at the moment. Making the necessary adjustments corrected the problem.

THE_LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:13 PM   #3

I only used auto settings, so how do I adjust the aperture? Thank you for your reply.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:38 AM   #4

Rotate the Mode dial (I'm assuming the S7000 has one like the S9000) to "A", which allows control of aperature priority, via the command dial. Mode dial "S" for shutter priority.

Old Jul 25, 2006, 7:44 PM   #5

Nope, did not work. I guess, I have to have it repaired. Thank you for your help, LoneWolf.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:45 AM   #6

Bummer.

You're welcome and good luck with the repairs.

Old Nov 15, 2006, 5:47 PM   #7

The same thing has happened with my 2 year old S7000. When I called the factory repair facility in Ediston, New Jersey for an estimete they said that they were familiar with the problem of recording all white pictures. They said the repairs would run about $US 80.00. When I got the estimate it was twice that, and to add insult to injury they would not take my favorite credit card.

If Fuji is not standing behind thir products with known problems and are not customer friendly too, then Fuji has struck out with me. I did not authorize them to fix my camera and bought a cheep throw-away camera instead.

I would really like to know how common this problem is because maby I have judged Fuji too quickly. New Jersey is no place to put a customer service facility where they have a repitation of acting rude.

Thankxxxx
YO60Kid is offline   Reply With Quote