Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:02 AM   #1

Will the F30 be able to take type H 1gb xd cards? I heard that some cameras cant take 1gb cards, or even type H cards, and will either end up in error, or youll lose half of your photos when you come to transfer them to PC...
Nem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:30 AM   #2

Not having any problems using this

http://tinyurl.com/lts6y
Pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:34 PM   #3

Nem2k wrote:
Quote:
Will the F30 be able to take type H 1gb xd cards? I heard that some cameras cant take 1gb cards, or even type H cards, and will either end up in error, or youll lose half of your photos when you come to transfer them to PC...
I'm using a 1GB H type Olympus card just like the user "Pinion" in the prior post.... no problems. I understand some card readers have trouble with 1GB or higher cards, but my Sandisk 12 in 1 reader works fine.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:34 PM   #4

oh right, i thought olympus cards were used for olympus cameras? otherwise you might get some capatability issues or something

EDIT: do I have to use a card reader? cant I just go from the camera straight into the computer? would i bypass the 1gb card problem that way?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:37 PM   #5

Nem2k wrote:
Quote:
oh right, i thought olympus cards were used for olympus cameras? otherwise you might get some capatability issues or something
Though there may be compatablity issues between certain cards and certain cameras,theOlympus cards are not made to work only in Olympus cameras.

Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:54 PM   #6

ok but would it be a safe thing to assume that any fuji or olympus 1gb card will work in an F30?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:16 PM   #7

Nem2k wrote:
Quote:
ok but would it be a safe thing to assume that any fuji or olympus 1gb card will work in an F30?
I don't know how to answer that, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. Most of the issues I have heard about are with regard to card reader compatability.